Post navigation

8,399 thoughts on “September

1. Good news for Chicago, now, if we can only get rid of the reviled taxes of Obamacare:

Soda drinkers won’t have to pay the much-reviled tax come Dec. 1

A tax that wasn’t just reviled in Chicago, is was ‘much’ reviled. Repealed 15 to 2.

1. The ads , If I dont get a chance to find one ) were targeted and silly. The $ spent was given to ad makers that dont ” get ” who they are talking to . Blacks think , for Gods sake . They are not their lemmings , at least not now , not today in this

2. The ads said that it would save young black “targeted” children , from the soda industries promoted sales .

But now the report is castigating voting it down when it would have brought in the revenue Ill dearly needs ! So it was about getting money off the sales , not the health of the kids , of course

1. To all the northern Cali folks, I hope the weather eases so the professionals can get a handle on the fires.

Stay safe.

2. Speaking of Obamacare.

A co-worker of mine told me a story about a man that he knows in Alaska who was part of a layoff from his job. He got Obamacare, complete with subsidies. And now, employed again, has to pay 10,000 back, not a happy camper. Many are still finding out about the wondrous things of Obamacare, you don’t even have to read it like those who passed and jammed it down a Country’s unwilling throat. You simply have to experience it. Lesson learned.

Seems if you’re young, middle-aged or employed, you’re rich in the Progressive’s World, Progressives want you to pay for it all. EVEN if you’re uninsured, you’ll still pay almost $800.00 in penalties as a single person, and still not have any health Insurance if you can’t afford it. What a guy, that Obama. A 22 year-old woman working two jobs in this case.

1. as always u get things BACKWARDS, it’s u goons who have gone extreme, hell u voted in trump.

he;s the divider in chief and has crazed groupies who do not respect our laws and customs and will go further apeshit crazy when he’s booted out ofoffice

3. The NFL says Donald Trump is WRONG by tweeting that Commish Roger Goodell is forcing players to stand for the national anthem … claiming POTUS completely misunderstood Goodell’s message.
    FYI, Goodell had sent a letter to NFL owners this week saying league officials “believe that everyone should stand” for the anthem — but said nothing about implementing a rule about it.
    Fast-forward to Wednesday morning when Trump tweeted, “It is about time that Roger Goodell of the NFL is finally demanding that all players STAND for our great National Anthem-RESPECT OUR COUNTRY.”
    1011-donald-trump-roger-goodell-nfl-tweet-01

But the NFL says Trump is off base — issuing a new statement in response to the President’s tweet.
    “Commentary this morning about the Commissioner’s position on the Anthem is not accurate,” the league said, specifically referencing Trump.
    “As we said yesterday, there will be a discussion of these issues at the owners meeting next week. The NFL is doing the hard work of trying to move from protests to progress, working to bring people together.”
    So far, Trump’s tweet is still at the top of his Twitter page.

————

There ya go elbie . The NFL called trump a liar .

#nocave

4. RW
    October 11, 2017 at 15:37
    The only thing that can I see here with any confirmable merit is that people want compromise in Congress. What many expected, including myself. What they didn’t expect, was a Democratic Party that screamed resist, resist, resist because they lost election. Even the Democrats who voted for and supported Trump expected no less than that.

———–

U shoulda thought of that during the Obama years . U created the monster with yer do-nothing congress . That literally was what they were called . The irony is hillarius to watch ! :) :) :)

Fix Obamacare . Infrastructure . Green energy . Guaranteed bipartisan support

1. Democrats wouldn’t compromise back then, as it is now. The people voted for compromise including many Democrats in 2016, and the Democrats said eff you as they always do. I voted for the mandate to be removed, something that and I many others are expecting. Obamacare has got to go in its current form.

5. Thud
    October 11, 2017 at 19:48
    he had this silly, i will not block anyone stance, so i hammered him with facts, heat and had my comrades joing in, he bailed and ever returned. he had denied that JB, the account with international experience in indy was not our jg, then he finally blew his top, admitted it, acted like what he lectures ppl here and ran away.
    Thud
    October 11, 2017 at 20:34
    …JB the accountant…
    Thud
    October 11, 2017 at 21:56
    then there was ol cornholeoh clown, recognized his obnoxious xrated crap he was doing at the time and blocked on his 1st tweet :-)
    that’s why they are so hung up on me and twitter, they failed :-)
    EA
    October 12, 2017 at 02:33
    U gotta send me that /those interaction(s) !! :) :)

6. Not paying much attention to all the worse than childish bickering between factions. Consider t all as a bunch of BS among ignorant morons . Not into Sports that much myself but seems all this crap is ruining National Sports.
    What is it with people anymore, seems they must have a constant “UP ROAR” about one thing or another. Even little non eventual things.
    It is not just a dumbing down of the people ,but blatant stupidity on the part of some.
    United States, no, to many people who are nothing but self centered spoiled brats who want& think everything must be their way .
    They should build their own private Island. They would not be missed.

1. We know……….you only listen to Fox news, AM radio, and your chain emails. If we need to know your viewpoint, I can just look there. :)

7. United States of America, NOT ANYMORE.
    To much under current boiling, some surfacing .
    TO many “I’s ” in place of the “WE AMERICANS”.
    All the fault finding , trouble making.
    What happened to the “AMERICAN SPIRIT”?

1. “You’re not so great America” All part of it.

It’s not what happened, it’s who happened, and what he did ‘to create’ the environment that we continue to see to this very day. An agitator, a radical, a revolutionary, a racist. When you ’empower’ extremists, violent rhetoric and racism, you’re going to get just that in return. He even managed to put what he promoted, no nurtured, in plain view, over an 8-year period into the FBI’s eventually labeling ‘the fruits’ of what he accomplished as part of the ‘New’ Domestic Terrorist Threats against this Country. Quite a legacy for the man. Something I warned about for many years.

1. Are you talking about the FBI and ‘their warnings’ to the Country? I’m sure they were just kidding. I mean, new Domestic Terrorist Threat Designations are surely something to be dismissed, laughed at, and ridiculed. Even those who played an intricate role in it all in the aiding and abetting of it, right?

The laughs on you again and your refusal to accept reality. This just didn’t happen out of the blue, it was nurtured, promoted. The more Domestic Terrorists, the better, right?

1. I know what you are saying . I take comfort in the hope of the world , the love that will never fail . Even though we may fail , God remembers his own and his promises are His Word .

” He reached down from on high , lifted me out of the vulgar mire and rested me in a spacious place .
      ( from psalms )

be safe and love to you and the girls . They have a strong and faithful hearted mother :)

8. Early morning Robin. Everything quiet, no one around to interrupt the inter thoughts.
    Many things can run through a persons mind. A time when things can be viewed more clearly without outside interference.
    The “Pros & Cons” of many things and People, including yourself.
    Quiet time ,for thought or peacefulness.

1. So good to read you D . This is a like fresh air . :) Whatever you find to do today , I hope its a lovely fall day . Leaves here are gorgeous , and the stars clear in a fall sky . :) later …. :)

9. Ok , so its the lefties that talk about their penis’ all time . And think about the penis ‘ of other men .

Notice that the right leaning men , ARE men , and … just dont .

1. just looked it up .
        looks like penises or yours and a one or two more . Many websites for it .

funny and case in point too btw

1. Ya’ll be funny…………..sorry if discussions of penis’s make you feel uncomfortable. You would not like my collection of “Johnson” T-shirts. :)

2. wtf?

u emasculated rw

e·mas·cu·late
      ēˈmaskyəˌlāt/Submit
      verb
      past tense: emasculated; past participle: emasculated
      deprive (a man) of his male role or identity.
      “he feels emasculated because he cannot control his sons’ behavior”
      make (a person, idea, or piece of legislation) weaker or less effective.

nothing about a dick, other than rw being one

10. RW……….how many football games do YOU go to a year. Do you even watch football. Do you stand in your house when the anthem is on TV. What color is your high horse? :)

11. Hey RW……must have missed my question yesterday, so again. Since you talk about Hillary and Weinstein, can you show me the link of Trump condemning O’Reilly and Ailes for the same thing? Thanks.

1. Did miss it as you said. You can’t provide what isn’t available. One, by candidate Trump, one, by President Trump.

Feel better?

Did find it humorous though in what they’re saying about Trump at the time and how they bashed him, and how so many others ‘covered it up’ like NBC did. ‘Not news’ by their standards. It’s a New York ‘thing’ whatever that means.

And Hillary, she went through all the motions, just like Obama did. ‘Weaseling’ her way through it just like Kaine did the day before. Just try to get a Clinton to part with their money – Good luck with that.

ZAKARIA: Senator Blumenthal says that people should give back the money that he donated. He donated money to you directly or indirectly. Would you give the money back?

CLINTON: Well there’s nobody to give it back to. What other people are saying, what my former colleagues are saying is they are going to donate it to charity. Of course, I would do that. I give 10% of my income to charity every year. This will be part of that. There’s no doubt about it.

This will be part of that? LOL. Is there something else you’d like to add?

1. So you are mad at Clinton taking 5 days with Wienstein, while Trump is over 5 MONTHS and counting with O’Reilly and Ailes. Just as I thought. Hilarious.

1. Well. you and your OP ED twaddleheads seem to be talking about that more than N. Korea, or anything else.

2. North Korea? LOL. All anyone’s hearing from you and a few others here is Trump this, Trump that, and the other thing. There are nukes at play here alright, and they’re all aimed at Trump.

1. Far worse, we have a dictator wannabe in office who wishes to gag any press that does not support him, quash protest, and mandate obedience to the state. Not like 1968 at all………..more like early 1930s Germany. Waiting for that coward, dictator wannabe to tell his little Trumpies he needs to implement Marshall Law to get things done. And his little Trumpies will follow along. Good thing, unlike earlier times, a free people recognize a fascist………even when he wraps himself in a flag and a cross, and will NOT put up with it.

1. Perhaps you need to read the FBI’s assessment as to this Country’s ‘Newest’ Domestic Terrorist Threat, and it has nothing to do with Trump, but everything to to do with a former President.

1. Perhaps you need to pull your head out of your butt, if you think it is acceptable to shut down media outlets critical of you, and silence protest. Your little orange God is a Fascist. A dictator wannabe.

Another NAZI torch rally in a US city, and you twaddleheads are still on about antifa. WHY………….because you want to SILENCE anti-fascists. Why………….maybe because you are one. Evidence seems to point that way. Trumpies are the RINOs. No loyalty to anything but Trump……..not even the COTUS.

12. Silencing protest, quashing free press, DEMANDING obedience to the flag, raising prejudice against one faith, spreading fear, calling for a return to the GREAT Fatherland.

Change “Fatherland” to “Make America Great Again” and just who does Trump sound like. Beginning to think the man is not just a Nazi enabler, but a full one Fascist. And his cult who ONLY trust him and their party approved news.

Good Germans…………..damn, Good German.

1. Reagan used that slogan when he ran for potus also . Just another thing trump did nothing for besides slap his name on it

13. EA
    October 12, 2017 at 02:40
    Wow , Bannon said that eh ?
    —-

Yep, Bannon gave Trump a 30% chance of making a full term according to several sources.

Trump didn;t know about the 25th Amendment, which may be his doom

14. RW…………..if your imbecilic President tries to shut down ANY network, you may well get that civil war you speak so often of.

1. Odd…………….I do not remember this level of outrage from you and the Trumpies, when Ailes and O’Reilly were the perverted scum. Why is that?

All the left condemns Harvey……..still awaiting you and Trump to condemn O’Reilly and Ailes. Here is your chance. Say it out loud……Harvey Wienstien and Roger Ailes are BOTH slimeballs. :)

2. so gad damned what, u misogynist pig

u defend a sexual predator and demand others condemn someone they don’t know

15. I consider standing up for the Bill of Rights, on a higher level of patriotism than standing for the anthem. One is a ceremony, one is a founding principle of our nation. Quit getting hung up on the symbols to a point, where you pollute the foundational concept of Freedom.

16. “An Italian woman was granted sick pay for the time she took off while caring for her ill dog, a ruling that could have pets be recognized as “members of the family” in the future, reports said on Thursday.

The unidentified woman won the case against La Sapienza University in Rome, where she works, Sky News reported. The Italian court ruled her two-day absence will count as paid time off for “serious or family personal reasons.”

—————————-

This is a good thing . I know it will be abused , so there should be guide lines attached . If not paid leave , at the very minimum , allowed time to take care of our pets

1. That is prolly the lamest thing I’ve read in months . U want employers to pay for people to stay home with a sick pet , but not birth control and other medical stuff ? That’s just wierd , and I LOVE my dogs

1. I agree…………….I am looking forward to the new movie “Bond” about what I think is the first human/wolf interaction. Looks awesome.

Did you even see “Red Dog”.

1. My dogs are family too , but they’re still dogs . I’m just saying if u support paid sick leave for pets , but not employer HC for humans , I find that odd . No biggie , just my take

17. Man has yet to discover an issue he cannot make worse. Tomorrow he harms national security by listening to asinine AM pundits about Iran, rather that his own military experts. Man is quite simply, a fool.

1. Impeach for gross incompetence. Anyone who threatens to shut down media outlets critical of him, have NO IDEA of what this nation or the COTUS is about. This Reality TV show needs to end.

2. He got talked out of working with schumer and pelosi by Shawn Hannity . Foxnews literally drives the trumptard agenda . That kind of media has literally ruined modern politix. No compromise .

18. I just read about it . It looks like a wonderful tale but truly I could not ever see it . I get too upset at movies with the stress on the sweet creature , and then then … what happens ( in case anyone wants to see it , no spoiler )

Glad someone is seeing it though ,it makes for good results when people understand the suffering and love in the heart of sentient beings

1. I love the word sentient………in my prayers I thank the Creator for the Cosmos, Skies, waters, and firmament, and all things sentient or non-sentient in it.

19. Still nearly 9 out 10 without power in Puerto Rico, yet twaddlehead in charge is tweeting about pulling help. What a despicable human being.

1. Well, the President is making it much easier of many of the working poor to lose health coverage today. Last week, it was the women who work and are of child bearing age. Each day, he screws a segment of America, and throw red meat to the MINORITY of really silly people who put this clown in office. He is by far, the WORST excuse for a man and human being, who ever held this office. A national embarrassment.

1. I’m OK with this plan, not the fact that it’s an EO, but allowing across state lines is good. Nebraska has 1….1 provider on the exchange. I think Wyoming didn’t have any for a long time this year, also.

How is this bad to open up options for people?

1. Trump trumps your answer Merc. Across state lines should have been part of Obamacare from the get go. I have to assume that the Insurance Lobbyists worked their magic with the Democrats on that one. Here’s some money, now do as we say.

2. Need to face the fact, Trump had made it clear he will ONLY represent his base………..that is ALL he cares about. That is ALL he will stick up for. Need to impeach this walking disaster.

1. GREGG
        October 12, 2010 at 12:45
        Need to face the fact, Obama had made it clear he will ONLY represent his base………..that is ALL he cares about. That is ALL he will stick up for. Need to impeach this walking disaster

———
        That works pretty well.

1. so what?

greggggg was an out of touch crank and trump is only playing to his base.

this both sides crap leave u goofy

20. Poll: Majority says Trump’s NFL comments were not appropriate

A solid majority of respondents in a new poll says President Trump’s comments about the protests in the NFL are not inappropriate.

While 58 percent of those polled by Quinnipiac University said the president’s remarks are inappropriate, 34 percent said they think his comments were proper.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/354948-poll-majority-says-trumps-nfl-comments-were-not-appropriate

1. That’s separate from the NFL’s players, whether their actions are appropriate or not. In that respect, he wins more often than not depending on the wording. Gnaws at you we know.

21. Leftybill
    October 12, 2017 at 12:19
    So you are mad at Clinton taking 5 days with Wienstein, while Trump is over 5 MONTHS and counting with O’Reilly and Ailes. Just as I thought. Hilarious.
    =======

AND he voted for a serail sexaul preditor for potus

1. He is………..the man thinks he can yank the license of media that is critical of him…….That kind of ignorance of the COTUS, cannot be allowed to sit in the Oval Office. Get Pence in………get this dipstick out of there.

22. RW
    October 12, 2017 at 11:55
    It’s 1968 All Over Again
    No, it’s worse in my opinion. This man thinks it’s even worse than the McCarthy years. And Hollywood, like now, was pretty much at the center of it.

=========================

BWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA

u r stuck back when drugs did u, mr lily white black panther.

u have no clue about what’s going on, u support an unfit lunatic

the world has passed u by and will be much better off when your generation is just a memory

23. American voter opinions of most Trump qualities remain negative:
     56 – 40 percent that he is not honest;
     59 – 38 percent that he does not have good leadership skills;
     54 – 44 percent that he does not care about average Americans;
     67 – 29 percent that he is not level headed;
     61 – 35 percent that he is a strong person;
     56 – 40 percent that he is intelligent;
     60 – 37 percent that he does not share their values

https://poll.qu.edu/images/polling/us/us10112017_Uhj87ke.pdf/

24. Leftybill
    October 12, 2017 at 12:29
    Impeach for gross incompetence

——–

Don’t think that’s an impeachable offense. It IS ah example of why strong alternative candidates are needed and education/research should be done on candidates instead of just checking a box for D’s and R’s.
    #JohnsonWeld
    #ClintonWasATerribleCandidate

1. A pudding pop would have been better than this reality tv clown who has NO IDEA what freedom of the press means. He is a dangerous imbecile.

1. Yeah and the US soccer team won time of possession, shots on goal, and attendance….but they aren’t going to the world Cup,.are they.

1. The loser of the stat that counts, lost.

Nebraska had more passing yards than wisconsin..but there is still an L in the record book. #scoreboardIsWhatCounts

2. with a hostile powers aide… swing 20k votes n 4 sates and hrc wins. the antidemocratic unrepresentative archaic warped beyond recognition EC too

25. Trump Wanted Tenfold Increase in Nuclear Arsenal, Surprising Military
    by COURTNEY KUBE, KRISTEN WELKER, CAROL E. LEE and SAVANNAH GUTHRIE
    Tweet
    Email
    Print
    WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said he wanted what amounted to a nearly tenfold increase in the U.S. nuclear arsenal during a gathering this past summer of the nation’s highest-ranking national security leaders, according to three officials who were in the room.

Trump’s comments, the officials said, came in response to a briefing slide he was shown that charted the steady reduction of U.S. nuclear weapons since the late 1960s. Trump indicated he wanted a bigger stockpile, not the bottom position on that downward-sloping curve.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/all/trump-wanted-dramatic-increase-nuclear-arsenal-meeting-military-leaders-n809701

this is the meeting where afterwards rex called him an effing moron

1. address the issues, u damn fool.

it’ so telling how u idiots NEVER address the content and divert in the most pathetic ways

1. Where they try to abolish Columbus day and randy marsh takes a test so he doesn’t seem racist.

“I used to think I was just white, but I have part native, and parthe asian…I’m 20% victim ”

“On 1492
            Columbus sailwd the ocean blue
            So we could get a day off schoo.”

1. As I said last week I thought I should have had more native blood than it turned out . Very small amount , and that was a surprise as was the Spanish region charted ( not hispanic , Spain )

Things came out that I wondered about . Some things a shock to others already on Ancestry .

1. How much is it?

It’d be fun to see, but I’ve traced most of my family back to immigration. It makes it easy when your grandma is full Swedish, and the other side is 90ish percent German.

1. I think like not over $ 200 . But a caveat , our libertarian friend Triscuit said it could be too much info now to be found on us .

I can see that too

2. i did the same.

dad knew from his dad that our roots go waaay back, turns out 1610 in Jamestown and 1620 in the Mayflower.

All my ancestors were here by about 1820.

I’m mostly north-west European and Irish

3. the ancestory and country of origin version of 23 and me are less than 100 and the one form 23 with health and such is about 200

4. Damn. There’s a lot I could do with a few hundred dollars that’s more constructive than telling me what I know already.

1. you might get surprised , but one thing I found is even full siblings will have different pie chart percentages of blood , and even from different regions to some extent .

26. No one is saying we need to help “Puerto Rico” forever. However I DO think helping until they have BASIC food, water, and power is the American thing to do. Hell, it is the human thing to do. They are AMERICANS. Just as American as anyone else. As 8 out of 10 Americans are still suffering in pretty dire circumstances, I think the President’s dismissive tweet and obsession with the NFL, to be asinine.

1. It’s alarming we do not do/hear more, but our insanely unfit potus drawns everything else out.

tragedies get about a week, but then back to our incompetent, insane, dangerous idiot in chief and all the trump/gop dysfunction

1. Frigging dictator wannabe. He tries to silence the press or protest, and he may end up with that Civil War RW keeps talking about. Not going to let a Reality TV Clown destroy every freedom this land has.

1. I do like Ben Sasse. LOVED his response to Trump’s Media Gag tweet. He is a REPUBLICAN. Trump and trumpies are the RINOs.

1. yep, his zombies are dangerous and will flip our over him getting booted from office… or even losing in 2020, they are bad news, brainwashed, conspiracy-based and clueless… and mean and nasty

27. Some of the names with a few degrees of separation were so melodic in sound
    DesMarais
    Bellefeuille
    Mangiaracina
    Degracia
    Leonardis
    and … Jean Baptiste Loriger de la Plante :) ..to name a few . Its fun !

1. but the majority, 80%, still support trump.

he conquered the gop by winning over their idiot base, who has been dumbed down and mislead for decades by gop and fox, a true disaster

28. I wish Eric Trump, Don Jr, or Ivanka were IN the military. Maybe then, jackazz in chief would not smile like a fool, when considering war.

1. Swing and a Miss Trumpie…….Obama never winked, and acted like a B movie jackazz when speaking of war. Once again……….you spout twaddle. Obama knew the costs of war. Capt Clueless trump has no idea of anything………..his pampered life as left him with no morals or understanding of anything outside of himself.

2. W killed hundreds of thousands and destabilized the middle east… and crashed the WW Econ

reagan is responsible for the deficit, wealth gap, flight of companies overseas

nixon went insane and was run out of office.

so maybe u should focus on trump and not past poti

3. Obama, w bush, Clinton, HW bush (W was in natl guard, but not active duty), Reagan…not sure about ford, Carter or Nixon

Who was the last president who DID have kidd in active military?

29. Leftybill
    October 12, 2017 at 12:54
    He is………..the man thinks he can yank the license of media that is critical of him…….That kind of ignorance of the COTUS, cannot be allowed to sit in the Oval Office. Get Pence in………get this dipstick out of there.
    ====

He has Fascist instincts

1. Mercutio
      October 12, 2017 at 13:06
      I’m OK with this plan, not the fact that it’s an EO, but allowing across state lines is good. Nebraska has 1….1 provider on the exchange. I think Wyoming didn’t have any for a long time this year, also.
      How is this bad to open up options for people?

1. tis bad news, it’s a race to the bottom and destructive instead of constructive.

aca needs fixes not sabotage.

the country is much bigger than u, your pocketbook and nebraska.

it’s appalling how little ppl care about ppl in need

1. Thud
          October 12, 2017 at 13:56
          address the issue…
          ——–
          Take your own advice, saying “it’s bad” isn’t an explanation of WHY you think it’s bad

1. Huff really had to patch that one together. Really took some needle and thread. But it worked, look who’s parroting it.

1. Trump laud Alex Jones who speaks of Alien hybrids and Texas coups, yet he calls anything critical of him, fake news. He is a narcissistic lunatic, with no grasp of the COTUS. Impeach his happy lil azz. Now.

30. Jimmy Kimmel conducted an amusing experiment with Donald Trump’s tweets on Wednesday night.

The late-night host swapped the word “fake” for “true” and the word “dishonest” for “honest” in several of Trump’s recent posts ― and he ended up giving the president’s feed a totally different feel.

“That should be an app,” Kimmel joked.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jimmy-kimmel-donald-trump-fake-news-tweets_us_59df1c25e4b00abf36465e7d

:-)

31. So we’re gettin shut down at work again due to smoke from the fires . I really wish they would give us the word befor I drove an hour to get to work

1. Jesus chriso…that’s another reason to like rural living. Wife walks to her dental office, and I’ve got a 3 min drive to feedlot.

Wow, 40 miles, and with traffic, yeah I can see an hour at least .

2. With that kind of drive times, I can argue that I live in a “city”. I’m an hour from all sorts of food and shopping.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *