Invites have been sent. If you didn’t get one you haven’t participated in the past or I don’t have a good email address. Yes EA, that includes you.

March Madness Baby!

Post navigation

10,240 thoughts on “March Madness Baby!

1. New piece form Sara Carter. It’s all about the DOJ and their newest strategy to keep things ‘hidden’ from Congressional eyes, and with it, the truth. Redact the hell out of it and let only the ‘friendly’ see it seems to be part of this newest strategy to obstruct, delay:

The Department of Justice reneged on a commitment to provide access to documents they promised to congressional lawmakers by Thursday morning. Instead, DOJ issued a press release after midnight suggesting they will only meet with a group of select lawmakers to discuss the matter on the same day the North Korea summit opens in Singapore, according to numerous sources and a DOJ statement.

Moreover, the Justice Department also issued new stipulations for briefing congressional members and limited the meeting with only the Gang of Eight, which is comprised of eight leaders within Congress who are briefed on classified intelligence matters…

https://saraacarter.com/doj-reneges-commitment-to-provide-trump-russia-docs-to-congress/

1. I’ve always been unclear about this. Is this the gang of 8 for Intelligence?

Under the “gang of eight” system, the executive branch of the United States discloses highly sensitive intelligence information to the following positions within the US congress:

United States House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence:

Devin Nunes (R, CA-22), Chair
      Adam Schiff (D, CA-28), Ranking member

United States Senate Select Committee on Intelligence:

Richard Burr (R, NC), Chair
      Mark Warner (D, VA), Vice Chair

Leadership in the United States House of Representatives:

Paul Ryan (R, WI-1), Speaker of the House
      Nancy Pelosi (D, CA-12), Minority leader

Leadership in the United States Senate:

Mitch McConnell (R, KY), Majority leader
      Chuck Schumer (D, NY), Minority leader

Anyone know?

1. I never knew that there are actually multiple gangs of 8.

Flake, Rubio, Durbin just a few of the names associated with the ‘gangs’ of 8.

Apparently, it’s looked at as some type of bi-partisan process. Made Gowdy a believer when he got to sit in with them the last time. A ‘changed’ man.

2. Wow. Hope he’s ok.

Reuters

Trump says White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow has had a heart attack

4 mins ago

3. G’nite Robin.
    I just got up ,don’t know how long I may have slept.
    I know, I have crazy mixed up hours .lol
    Main thing to me, when I have to go down to the laundry room in particular ,I’m not tripping over others.
    Watching Singapore , all the document signing.

1. I woke up and went to see what was happening just as they were signing , I said to myself ( wow ) and then Ed Henry came on and said “wow”

( i did turn a bit later to CNN to see what was happening if they has it even on , and they had some LA people covering it not their national peeps on , and they were a little negative

#whatashock

1. I watched a little CNN too. Don Lemon, to his guest, aren’t you a little concerned he met with Kim in private? The guest, no, because they’ll covering the same in the meeting with their advisors that follows. Really don’t think that’s what he wanted to hear or his audience to hear. An honest assessment.

4. You see EA. I KNOW I am always right, I’m NEVER wrong, NEVER make mistakes/ I KNOW ALL there is to know PLUS a hell of a lot more.
    What you have to say goes in one ear & straight out the other. No pause on the way through or I
    “DUCK” so that it all passes way over my head.
    Many years of hearing and learning to AVOID hearing a LOT OF BS.

5. SEEMS tomorrow I will have to watch very closely the fresh Fruits & Vegetable’s I may plan on getting. They have a warning out on some in certain States.
    The store I go to usually watches the warnings closely, so do I.

6. At 8:53 a.m., a black stretch Mercedes sedan bearing North Korean flags pulled up to the Capella. Kim stepped out in a traditional black Mao suit and quickly entered the building. Trump followed six minutes later, emerging from the presidential limousine in a dark suit and red power tie, and with an impassive stare.

An ‘impressive stare.’ I think that’s the nicest thing that the Washington Post has ever said about the man.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-kim-summit-trump-says-us-will-end-its-‘war-games’-with-south-korea/ar-AAyx0hn?ocid=spartanntp

1. Pelosi, on the other hand:

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in a statement that while serious efforts to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula deserve respect, Trump apparently handed Kim “concessions in exchange for vague promises that do not approach” that goal. She described Tuesday’s agreement as hasty, said Trump had preserved the North Korean “status quo” and criticized his “marginalization” of State Department experts and “habitual disparaging” of U.S. allies.

Seems to me I remember a man who said, unclench your fist and we will unclench ours or something to the effect. The first step in dealing with these type of people. No concessions by both, no framework to work within. He’s already released 3 Americans and the US sanctions, still in place, are hurting him. We can destroy the man if we want to, and he knows it. It’s not going to be an overnight process. It’s a process that has to include good faith by both. We have the upper hand. But tread carefully, this is a man who feels threatened and for good reason.

7. …Acosta, who was the designated pool reporter assigned to represent U.S. media organizations…

…Acosta, who regularly tangles with Trump, has built a reputation for casting aside manners and protocol in order to get his often-rhetorical questions on tape for the evening newscasts. Perhaps more than any other reporter…

I heard about this last night. Why would they pick Acosta to represent them all?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/06/12/kim-gets-taste-cnns-grandstanding-newsman-at-historic-summit.html

1. Because they can’t stand that Trump is on his way to doing what no President, including Obama, was able to do. Get NK to come to the table.

Any and all means to show how infantile they really are.

8. That’s funny:

CNN slashed Anderson Cooper’s troubled “AC 360” program in half so it could schedule “Cuomo Prime Time” at 9 p.m. ET, and billed the program as nonpartisan, a characterization dismissed as laughable by cable news viewers familiar with Cuomo’s anti-Trump histrionics. It’s the first major shakeup to CNN’s primetime lineup since Piers Morgan’s show was canceled back in 2014.

Embarrassment? Not these people. They don’t know the meaning of the word. I’m glad they slashed Cooper’s show in half though, it was hard to stomach for even a minute it seemed.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/06/11/embarrassment-for-cnn-as-chris-cuomo-s-new-show-trounced-by-msnbc-in-anti-trump-smackdown.html

9. Trump went………..Trump saw……..Trump capitulated. :)

Seriously, bags an Iran deal that has inspections and verification and allied support, and instead brags about a NOTHING agreement, that’s only firm concession is for our forces to not train. Screw that.

What a joke………what a meaningless photo-op. But Donnie, you gave Kim everything he wanted……you made him a statesman. Dipstick.

1. Donnie, if you are not going to allow our troops to drill with SK, pull them the hell out. No reason to sacrifice their safety and preparedness to massage your massive ego.

2. There is no agreement yet, only a statement. Yet you run with it as if it contains all the facts, despite daily saying everything Trump says is a lie. You’ve ignored that NK agreed in principle to give up their nukes, while claiming (falsely) the only “firm concession” was to abandon joint military exercises. Not to mention all the virtue signaling you love to do about waiting for facts before rendering an opinion.

As Clown stated, “Any and all means to show how infantile they really are.” If the shoe fits…..

3. Inspections:
      How long can Iran hold off the IAEA from inspecting suspicious sites?

A: 24 minutes
      B: 24 hours
      C: 24 days
      D: None of the above

Please dazzle us with your supreme knowledge of this great Iran deal.

10. “The DAG [Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein] criticized the Committee for sending our requests in writing and was further critical of the Committee’s request to have DOJ/FBI do the same when responding,” the committee’s then-senior counsel for counterterrorism Kash Patel wrote to the House Office of General Counsel. “Going so far as to say that if the Committee likes being litigators, then ‘we [DOJ] too [are] litigators, and we will subpoena your records and your emails,’ referring to HPSCI [House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence] and Congress overall.”

A second House committee staffer at the meeting backed up Patel’s account, writing: “Let me just add that watching the Deputy Attorney General launch a sustained personal attack against a congressional staffer in retaliation for vigorous oversight was astonishing and disheartening. … Also, having the nation’s #1 (for these matters) law enforcement officer threaten to ‘subpoena your calls and emails’ was downright chilling.”

The committee staffer noted that Rosenstein’s comment could be interpreted as meaning the department would “vigorously defend a contempt action” — which might be expected. But the staffer continued, “I also read it as a not-so-veiled threat to unleash the full prosecutorial power of the state against us.”

1. I see you posted it earlier than I did Robin. Not only the threats he made, but this part of it:

“The DAG [Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein] criticized the Committee for sending our requests in writing and was further critical of the Committee’s request to have DOJ/FBI do the same when responding,

Don’t put it in writing, and don’t ask us to put it in writing either. We’ll tell you the story we want you to hear.

1. I’ve heard there’s more coming out about this. Sounds like there’s been on ongoing series of threats from him directed towards Congress. And with the IG report coming out in two days, it’s going to be an interesting week or two. Rosenstein is so invested in so much of what we’ve seen, and not at all in a good way.

1. It might be the quickest face turn I’ve ever seen by a city council.
      Waste a waste of time that council is.

11. The norms have changed for how you can treat people against their will.

Wtf . . . Wait how could you treat people against their will earlier Mr. Clinton?!!?!?!?

12. So a kid gets deported to “not a s***hole” Mexico, which has gun regulations that we should adopt, and does from gun violence in less than a week.

. . . . Help me with this logic….

1. There has to be some rationale behind these articles and arguments.

It can be rife with fallacies and holes, but there has to be some kind of foundation to this.

1. I think it has to do with feeling like we’re doing the right thing. Too many regs actually never achieve their stated purpose, but they allow proponents to claim they did something and feel good about themselves. Results….meh.

1. I think the ideal dream goes like this . The perfect world “I” envision has no guns . SO that is the law that seems to make sense .

But , we have guns because of people . We need defense from other people . We cant outlaw people ( even though some population control advocates try in some measure to do that )

13. Entreat me not to leave thee, nor to return from following after thee; for whither thou goest I will go, and where thou lodgest I will lodge; thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God”

from book of Ruth

14. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
    2 Corinthians 4:7‭, ‬10‭-‬11‭, ‬16‭-‬18 NIV

g’nite gracie

15. A little humor here:

…Of course, Trump can’t please everybody. German Chancellor Angela Merkel complains that Trump is being too nice to Russia by suggesting that it rejoin the Group of Seven. Considering that Germany spends just 1.2% of GDP on defense and can’t get more than four fighters in the air at any given moment, that’s chutzpah. Merkel’s policy is to talk tough about sanctions against Russia while rolling over for Putin when it comes to Germany’s gas supplies, which will be supplied by the just-started Nord Stream II pipeline from Russia. Germany likes to wag a finger at Russia over its depredations in Ukraine, but only 18% of Germans say they will fight to defend their country. Trump’s policy is to rebuild American strength and stand up to Russia, while looking for ways to strike agreements with Russia–on American terms. That’s the difference between speak softly and carry a big stick, and declaim loudly while waving a bratwurst. If the Germans don’t want to spend money on defense, let alone fight, that’s their business, but they shouldn’t lecture us about how to handle the competition…

“That’s the difference between speak softly and carry a big stick, and declaim loudly while waving a bratwurst”

https://pjmedia.com/spengler/trump-could-be-one-of-americas-great-foreign-policy-presidents/

16. They are saying thunder storms for today in this area. HOPE ,they hold off until I get back from weekly shopping. REALLY not in the mood for possibly dodging lightening, while carrying groceries.

17. Still shaking my head and laughing at some peoples reactions and interpitaions of what others may say or do.
    Jumping to conclusions ,snatching things out of mid air before they have any idea of what is being spoken of.
    We ALL do it, some are worse about it than others. Seems it depends on who the remarks are amid at and who is making them.
    To many years of listening to all kinds of people. Good bit of the time reading them without realizing.
    At times I catch myself comparing people and way of life, from the “Great Depression ERA” up to today.
    Often wonder ,how many of the young could find the strength and will to do most everything by hand and many times using their imagination to figure out how to do things they had never done before.
    What we called “trial & error”, with many sore muscles ,cuts & bruises .Sometimes broken bones.
    Seems to be a good many PAMPERED people who are afraid they might get their hands dirty or strain themselves.
    Farm life BEFORE technology.
    Visualize picking worms & bugs off fruit & vegetable plants by hand .LOL—LOL
    BTW, do any of you know about and experienced the “OLD OUT HOUSE” and cleaning it??Those you did NOT FLUSH.

18. HEY ROBIN, YOU are the ONLY one on CG that knows I exist more than maybe “ONCE IN A BLUE MOON”.
    KIDS, LOL– LOL IF they could only see themselves AND BEYOND. 😆 :LOL:
    BUT that’s alright.
    I NEED a good laugh. AS I get older each day , so does everyone else on CG. Don’t want to be reminded?
    ‘tough titty.’
    LOL –Watched a good MANY people over these years. If some of them could only SEE themselves—— 😆

1. I am sure everyone sees you , but not everyone “talks” to everyone , sometimes , for social reasons . Its great to have your posts for all of us , I am sure !

19. did kellyanne conway just say when trump succeeds the shouts from hollywood go up ” death to america ” ! ? lol , good slogan

20. An interview with Trump by Wolf Blitzer almost 20 years. Trump hasn’t changed at all in 20 years. A long time ago he was asked, will you ever run for President? “Only if I have to.” And thank goodness for that. That he’s not like so many out there and in DC, including all those precious ‘think tanks’ who think they know more then anyone else about, well, most everything.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/06/12/trump_1999_we_dont_talk_north_korea_now_big_trouble_5_years_bunch_of_saps.html

1. Same thing when he was on Phil Donahue’s show. Ask a millennial if they even know who that is? His stance on trade then, same as now.

1. Bonus here if they can name Marlo Thomas, her father too. Extra points if they can name the country he’s from and the hospital he founded.

21. The big day tomorrow, the release of the IG’s report.

Rosenstein has some control over the final product, but he has no control over the IG’s testimony before Congress. Wonder how the two will all match-up?

It’s a race to November, and both Mueller and Rosenstein are the cogs in this machine. Democrats win the House, it all gets squashed, they lose, the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth comes out.

I’m still waiting for the full accountability as how Rosenstein and Muller both participated in the corrupt Uranium Deal with Hillary, and the Russians. A story that continues to get buried.

1. I suspect they’ll be more questions than answers. And that Rosenstein will redact one hell out of lot of it. It seems it’s becoming one of his trademarks – None of your business.

Lorretta Lynch did a similar thing in the corrupt Uranium One deal in putting the FBI’s informant under a gag order.

Never really has been fully explained, but it is something that includes Hillary, Obama, Mueller, Rosenstein AND the Russians.

2. in yesteryear , these revealed tactics and perjuries would have been a scandal . Today , we see the evidence and absolutely nothing happens .
        #IRS
        #EPA
        #Hillary&co.

1. More recycled outrage. Too bad SCOTUS just slapped them down on their ‘my rights are more important than yours’ idiocy.

22. Dennis Hof, a legal pimp and reality TV star, won a Republican primary on Tuesday for Nevada’s state legislature.
    The Art of the Pimp author garnered nearly 43 percent of the votes, overcoming incumbent James Oscarson to secure the Republican nomination for Nevada State Assembly District 36, where he owns several legal brothel

————

#giggle
    #partyoftrump
    #familyvaluesparty

1. Touché. Liberals have been trying to convince the country that “we’re not electing popes” going back to Gary Hart.

#messagereceived 😉

1. They harp on a small segment of GOP history to gain some superiority victory, but act as if they don’t have any family values themselves. It’s not a victory when it’s based on total hypocrisy and snarkiness. It’s played, predictable, and boring.

23. The irony that disgraced McCabe is suing to get documents from the DOJ and FBI because…..they won’t provide them. Quite the pattern we see here.

And then of course, the Rosenstein threat…wasn’t a criminal threat….total semantics yet again. Well until they get your emails and suddenly you are. Here fishy fishy…..this was like putting a horse head in the staffer’s bed.

1. Because they conveniently put each of the 3 major metro areas in their own ‘state’ so there would end up being 4 more EVs for liberal Presidential candidates. That’s why not.

We need more California politicians like we need colon cancer.

24. Well sleepy heads.I’ve been up for a while . Work done except for the sweeper as usual. EVEN have the laundry all done/
    My big complaint is getting tired quicker than I use to. Once UPON A TIME I could work the entire day before I had to COLLAPES. lol

25. Steve Scalise was just interviewed on the baseball field on Fox . He is so good to see and to hear him say pres Trump is a good friend , and retell what happened a year ago on the field , the prayers and brave acts . it was re assuring to see him . None of the hate , all of the normal american spirit

26. Wow, more firings eh? Let see, and what’s going on with that criminal referral? Seems McCabe’s lawsuit is premature given he could be going to a criminal trial. Kind of blows out the wrongful termination claim if the reasons you got fired and the very reasons you are charged with a crime.

27. “I’m calling it now: no matter what the DOJ IG report actually says, President Trump’s sycophantic supporters will try to claim that somehow he is the victim of FBI wrongdoing & bias,” Connecticut Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal tweeted Wednesday. “Talk about fake news.”
    ————-
    What a loser.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *