Post navigation

12,588 thoughts on “Summer 2018

1. Merc, you are free to blame whoever you wish to blame for the deaths in the PR during Maria. Care more about finding solutions, than debating blame. And to find solutions, all data must be reviewed. We be cool, Amigo. :)

1. THAT is the solution.

Preparing and being aware.

Correct management of resources and planning.

The solution is to fix that. Currently, the same people that f***ed up PR, are still in power. If 3000 people dead isn’t a wake up call to change course, and is used instead to politicize a the federal level, this will happen again, and the relief effort will fail. . . again.

Tell me, do you take this cavalier attitude to the election, also. ” care more about solutions to elections than debating blame like ‘collusion’ “?

No one has died from the election. 3 THOUSAND people died from PR Government s***ty management and corruption.

1. Politically, this hits right at the heart of my philosophy. Local governments are the most effective.

That holds true in the converse. Bad local governments hurt the most effective. Worry about your mayor, governor, city and state officials WAY more than the president or congress. Those local people will help you, or hurt you exponentially more and exponentially sooner than anything federal.

Look at Houston, and the “cajun navy”. That’s ngot even government that’s just local-ish people helping.

2. Finding out what happened , went wrong , is almost the huge part of finding solution . Merc even listed what the failure of the govt . was .

#whatdifferencedoesitmake !

3. I am at pleased that you concur that the deaths did actually happen………..that was the gist of my posts, not to assign blame.

2. And so begins a very night and day for the folks in the Mid-Atlantic. My God, Providence, or whatever talisman you hold, keep you safe.

3. What is wrong with people?

A Georgia man who tased his own young children during a vicious attack on his ex-girlfriend and her great-grandmother will spend the rest of his life in prison, the Cobb County District Attorney’s Office announced Thursday.

Antonio Maurice Gee was sentenced to life in prison plus 192 years for a December 2016 rampage at the Mableton home where the woman had been living with Gee’s 1-year-old daughter and 5-month-old son.

Stabbed and the beat the crap out of the great Grandmother too…

4. Who can argue that?

Senator throws Kavanaugh confirmation into chaos with vague accusation, call for probe

..The White House attacked Feinstein’s statement as an 11th hour attack on the nominee.

“Throughout his confirmation process, Judge Kavanaugh has had 65 meetings with senators—including with Senator Feinstein—sat through over 30 hours of testimony, addressed over 2,000 questions in a public setting and additional questions in a confidential session,” White House spokesperson Kerri Kupec said in a statement. “Not until the eve of his confirmation has Sen. Feinstein or anyone raised the specter of new ‘information’ about him.”

Another, even weaker attempt at an insurance policy. What an education this Country’s getting. The party of chaos. Make the allegation and keep making them, making them, making them and making them. ‘The fix’ that they couldn’t put in, and now, they’ll try everything they can to undo it.

1. Have I have said anything differently about the man than what I’ve continue to say for a decade now?

When someone says that they want to fundamentally ‘eff this Country’ over, you better start paying attention, Gruber.

We’re still paying for it, and we’ll continue to pay for it until we ‘put down’ these hounds from hell the man unleashed.

Perhaps, your own choice of ‘any’ Third World Country is a model good enough for you. But for me? I prefer the good old Constitutional Republic that made us the envy of the World. Not the role model that the Communists in California want.

Do us all a favor, form your own Country, instead of trying to push communism on the rest of us. Love it or leave it dude. I’ve been through this exercise before and all the hate that these people have for their own Country. Stops here, stops now, one way or another.

1. #giggle

U sound older and older everyday …

Anytime u wanna address what I actually said and not the voices in yer head … please do

1. I saw it. She wished things like the confirmation process were like they use to be, not like they are now. I was surprised how weak and frail she appeared. Almost like she couldn’t even hold her head up. I had a hard time picturing her on the bench in the state I saw. Her words, certainly, the highlight here.

5. FBI Director Christopher Wray says China is agency’s top counterintelligence priority

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-director-christopher-wray-china-a-top-priority-in-u-s-counterintelligence-mission/

Better tell Mueller who’s still trying to come up with something, anything at all that can take Trump out. It’s not even about Russian collusion (like it ever was, right? It’s all about a loss of power, a rejection by America itself. And Mueller’s all part of queueing it all up for the Democrats in trying to put it all back in place.

‘The fix’ that wasn’t.

Trump won’t be taken out is my guess. How many failed attempts are you allowed before you finally give up?

6. aunt and uncle in Raleigh are setting to hunker down.

Feel bad for the place we stayed at in Corolla. Might not be there next week.

1. Corolla
      North Carolina

Corolla is an unincorporated community located in Poplar Branch township, Currituck County, North Carolina along the northern Outer Banks. It has a permanent population of approximately 500 people.

Weird, I was born in Currituck County. Got a few relatives there myself. One of them does live on the Sound, an uncle. I was thinking about him earlier tonight.

Albemarle Sound, shallow coastal inlet of northeastern North Carolina, U.S. Protected from the Atlantic Ocean by the Outer Banks, it extends (east-west) for about 50 miles (80 km) and varies in width from 5 to 14 miles (8 to 23 km); nowhere is it deeper than 25 feet

2. I lived in Raleigh for four years. Nice city. No hurricanes while we were there, but a major ice storm. A buddy and I had bought a pheasant hunt in an auction for that day. FFI, pheasants don’t like to fly in ice storms. The guide had to kick one up, literally. Nope, that ain’t hunting. Headed back to the lodge and drank.

7. Still hurricane watching. Praying for safety of all in the affected areas. G=daughter came home. I saw her safe with my own eyes. So far school closed through Monday and probable at least a week. Water. water everywhere.

1. I had 30 minutes at 100mph in the eye of Charlie, it was fast moving storm at 25 MPH. Ears even popped because of the pressure change. Can’t imagine a full day of it. Irma last year pounded us for 6-8 hours. Punch, punch, punch that followed in waves of threes in seemed. Each one stronger than the last. They certainly have their hands full in Carolina with an already saturated ground. The horror of a Hurricane at night in the dark is the worst. The noises of flying debris, the howling, the roar. Something you’ll never forget.

8. So the Dems want to hold up the Kav vote now based on unknown accusations from an anonymous source who won’t come forward, related to something he might have done in HS that Feinstein has kniwn about since July? Is that the strategy now, use this to delay until the elections? Really?

There is no low we can’t get below. Pathetic. This better be something really big and legit, or when it does come out the Dems could be kicking themselves in the backup singers. Clarence Thomas.

1. If that’s the story they referred to the FBI it’s beyond desperate. There has to be more to it. They can’t really be that stupid. Can they?

1. Too quick on the typing. Thought I was on the search bar. In any event, word is, Rosenstein’s been removed from anything related to the FISA warrants while another investigative agency continues to look into it.

9. Future Glory
    …21that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. 22We know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.…

( from romans 8 )

10. Florence makes landfall at 8am. . . By 8:30 the NY times and USA today already have stories of people trapped and needing rescue, despite days and DAYS of warning and evacuation orders.
    #darwin

1. If you had days notice to get the f*** out, and still stayed. . . .

That’s like blaming the train for hitting the guy who walked into a crossing that had flashing lights and sirens going.

11. http://www.themiracleleague.net/
    ————-
    A new baseball field is being opened in Findlay, OH today for disabled children and adults to play baseball. This is quite an extraordinary organization.

It started when a coach saw a young man in wheelchair behind the fence of every game and practice. He was there to watch his 5 year old brother play. He unfortunately was shot as an infant (let that sink in) and was paralyzed. The coach decided to bring him onto the field to be part of the baseball game, and the dream was born.

Now they serve over 400,000 children and adults assisting them in the game of baseball. The children and adults say this makes them feel like a normal person, and builds their self esteem.

One women, forget her name, she was not expected to live past 12 months. She’s now 28 years old. She was born blind and disabled. She said that playing in the Miracle League taught her that if she can play baseball, she can do anything.

She now teaches in the school that she went to as a young girl. If you find it in your heart, please donate or volunteer. I was so moved by this organization, that I will be volunteering my time in the future.

Thanks…

1. I was crying listening to these stories driving in, and didn’t have a damn tissue in the car!! Even Paul W. Smith started crying on the radio. Very emotional and motivational stories.

I miss Alex playing baseball, and this is going to be so rewarding on so many levels. I can’t wait!

12. Each time I eat at Pizza Hot Pocket, I undergo a solid lesson in “patience”. For no matter how long I wait for it to cool down, it is always, only the last peice that is the perfect temp.

For Pizza Rolls, you just assume for the first 10 minutes they are out of the oven, they are basically cheese lava, coated in batter.

1. 2nd in line is Cap’N Crunch w/ Crunchberries. It’s so good, but rips the heck out of the roof of your mouth. Haven’t CNC in probably 10 years. Might need to remedy that. 😉

13. I really do not care about any new Kavanaugh documents. I voted NO a week ago. This political theater is asinine. Hold the vote…….He will get in, but history will show it was not nearly unanimous. Once he does get in, I do wish him well…………..and hope he shows a little more deference to the nation we have now, and not the one that existed in 1958, then many Conservatives realize. But hold the vote…………I still vote No, but this ongoing farce is silly.

14. Merc, I am not assigning any blame to the deaths in PR. Change that, I blame Hurricane Maria, just like the report does. My entire first post was in faulting the President for saying the deaths did NOT occur, which is silly. At least by attributing the deaths to local government in the PR, you concur the deaths did happen. All I wanted. Thanks

Please pass it on to the President. :)

1. Of course the deaths occurred because of the hurricane, but that seems to be a bit of a cop out. If we’re going to learn anything from that event, and others like it, isn’t it important to understand what could have been done differently before, during and after to minimize those deaths? How could PR have been better prepared, how could the response have been better at the federal and local level?

The people who died aren’t coming back, but if we don’t analyze where the failures occurred then the next storm could have similar results. Presumably the rebuilding will fix the infrastructure problems, but with the same people in charge maybe not to the extent they should be fixed. There’s plenty of blame to go around for the impact of the storm being worse than it should have been, but more important than casting that blame is fixing the failures at all levels. Including removing people who didn’t do their job, whether through terminations or at the ballot box. I would hope you agree with that.

1. Yeah, I wasn’t looking for thanks or kudos, I was hoping to engage in an intelligent discussion. Guess that’s not happening.

2. Yeah, I’ll get right on my “hotline to the guy I didnt vote for” phone that he gave me.

Just agreeing they occured doesn’t fix the problem. Fixing the problem, fixes it.

1. Evidently batman listens as well as trump and the trapped people of NC do.

Let’s see if the people who f***ed over Puerto rico get re-elected. I’m betting they do, anyone want in on this action?

1. NO……..most of my loose cash is wrapped up in Fantasy football right now……..wait until I win some of that back. :)

1. Your right, I do not swallow the pundits like you do. Be happy……leaves more of them for you to parrot. :)

Laura Ingraham is paid to provide biased, Conservative opinions……….that is what she does. Shrug.

1. The story is about Graham and his own words and actions. Must take a lot of effort ‘to act’ like you’re blind so much. But then again, that’s what you do Mr. Patriot. They may be corrupt, but it’s ‘our’ corruption. Truth need not apply. And you say you took an oath? To who? And to what?

1. I have devoured my fair share…..but my criteria for a Restaurant is being able to take a date there. I have yet to take a date to Taco Bell for dinner. :)

For late night munchies……….hell yeah. :)

15. I think Mueller is starting to wrap this thing up. I was actually looking forward to the failure to register as a foreign agent nonsense. They’re a dime a dozen in DC, including Podesta who was given immunity to testify against Manafort for the same crime. Not going happen apparently. A weasel that Mueller. Keep it out of the spotlight.

1. True that. But remember, Mueller farmed out Podesta in a separate criminal referral to Federal Prosecutors. Good luck with having any confidence in that where Manafort could used as a witness ‘against’ Podesta in his own trial. Exactly what Mueller intended to do with Manafort. Not going happen now. Hear that sweeping noise near the carpet?

1. I look forward to reading the full report, no matter what it says. Until then, all folks are doing is playing “Conjecture……the Board game of political animals. :)

2. Nothing to do with Trump, again. But as always, it’s the same paint brush they’ve used to try to tar and feather the man for over two years now.

For overseeing such a huge criminal enterprise, Trump, really is the Teflon Don. That, or we have the most inept investigators in the history of this Country who can’t even come up with a manufactured crime against him. It’s all about the Mid-terms and dirty cops. Always has been.

1. Maybe you should pay attention to the ‘sleazy folks’ own words which are now public. Mueller is only a heartbeat away from them.

2. May 19, 2016: Manafort is promoted to campaign chairman
          June 9, 2016: Trump Tower Mtg.
          August 19, 2016: Manafort resigns

He wasn’t there very long.

16. Mueller and his Democratic cohorts got what they wanted, a guilty plea to conspiracy. A charge that has nothing to do with Russia, elections, or Trump, but everything to do with ‘the spin’ that’s sure to take place.

Trump, conspired against America! The Grubers I’m sure will lap it up.

I just hope Mueller doesn’t escape the eyes of those investigating the ‘abuses of power’ that are taking place here. He needs to be held to account himself. Word is, Comey’s in deep shizz right now and is going down (Mueller’s closest bud, all part of what’s been going on here. The very reason he was appointed special counsel in the first place. ‘The Fix’ was in).

17. Leftybill
    September 14, 2018 at 12:08
    I look forward to reading the full report, no matter what it says. Until then, all folks are doing is playing “Conjecture……the Board game of political animals. :)

———
    Not looking forward, not intending to read it.

It’s not going to have anything of substance that we don’t already know. Did Russia interfere, of course.. . .EVERYONE interferes. S***, gun activist david hogg was at a Canadian rally and asked people ro donate and get involved in US politics.

What will happen, I bet, is that there will be huge headlines of supposition and allegations, then we’ll move on to the next outrage and once revisions and the actual truth comes out no one will care and half the media won’t even report it because it won’t generate ratings for their particular target political demographic.

#jaded

1. The media won’t report the non-event because the media and their unnamed sources have been responsible for peddling the Trump/Russia collusion narrative for almost two years. Nothing to do with ratings.

18. Prosecutor Andrew Weissmann told the judge that Manafort’s deal includes a cooperation agreement with prosecutors, who are investigating whether any Trump associates played a role in Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election.
    ——————
    So only associates, still not Trump. Interesting.

1. It’s all politics in trying to push the Democrats over the finish line in the Mid-terms, just another attempt to ‘fix’ things. Hidden, buried from anyone’s view. My guess is, is, no matter what happens in the Mid-terms, the investigations taking place are already ‘firmly’ in place. The difference being, they’re all being held ‘in secret’ as they’re suppose to be, unlike the ‘leaking like a sieve’ Team Mueller who’s trying to convict Trump through Public Opinion. You know, like Schiff, the Washington Post, CNN and the New York Times.

1. My understanding is that the ongoing investigation of FISA abuses and any abuses of power have been taken out of Rosenstein’s hands and put in a separate investigating agency. Might even explain some of what appears to be more and more cooperation from the DOJ as of late.

1. when every agency is lying , its still hard not to wait and see , so as not to trust until its earned .

I think the wisdom of the ages is correct , proven correct , and will always be , Too much power will always be corrupt . Its just the way we roll at this place and time in human history

1. There’s too much unsettled. They better have a damn good explanation combined with accountability here. Americans won’t settle for anything less. This can’t ever happen again.

1. If you don’t think that the Democrats will use government for political purposes. Think again. What did they just attempt here in plain view?

19. The plea deal states that Manafort “shall cooperate fully, truthfully, completely, and forthrightly with the Government and other law enforcement authorities identified by the Government in any and all matters as to which the Government deems the cooperation relevant.

————

#giggle
    #prollynothin

1. Prosecutor Andrew Weissmann told the judge that Manafort’s deal includes a cooperation agreement with prosecutors, who are investigating whether any Trump associates played a role in Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election.
      ——————-
      They’d have to find them being involved in the Facebook ads, or helping them sit on servers undetected. At this time, that’s the only meddling Russians have been charged with.

1. Although the senior Cabinet official is not named in the documents, prior to the 2012 elections, conservative media reported accusations of anti-Semitism against then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton because of a New York Times op-ed she co-wrote with Catherine Ashton, then high representative of the European Union for foreign affairs and security policy. The op-ed voiced concern about Ukraine’s political situation.

“We regret that the convictions of opposition leaders during trials that did not meet international standards are preventing them from standing in parliamentary elections,” Clinton and Ashton wrote. “The Ukrainian government needs to address these selective prosecutions, including the case of former Prime Minister Yulia V. Tymoshenko and other former senior officials.”

Breitbart reported in October 2012 that “a Jewish leader, who asked to remain unnamed, says that Clinton’s New York Times op-ed ripping the current Ukrainian administration has ‘created a neo-Nazi Frankenstein by issuing a de facto endorsement of Mrs. Tymoshenko and her choices.’”

20. “But for the FBI to get involved that quick and be so secretive about it, there was a lot of stuff going on up there,” House told the newspaper. “There was a Blackhawk helicopter, a bunch of people around antennas and work crews on towers but nobody would tell us anything.”

It was unclear when the observatory was going to re-open and workers decided to evacuate the facility as a “precautionary measure,” AURA spokeswoman Shari Lifson told the Alamogordo Daily News. Lifson couldn’t comment as to whether the FBI was involved.

Frank Fisher, an FBI spokesman, couldn’t confirm or deny the agency’s involvement, according to the Albuquerque Journal.

The mysterious nature of the closure sparked all kinds of speculation on the internet.

21. Watching I guys try and divert by worrying about EVERYTHING else besides what’s happening to the dipshit u guys voted for is truly adorable . I celebrate u guys for that …

#giggle

1. IKR, it’s amazing that not everyone shares your obsession. It’s almost like there are other things going on in the world besides Russia Russia Russia! 😆

How those Gyros doin! 😉

1. like china!

Recently, Google removed its long-time unofficial motto, “don’t be evil,” from its corporate code of conduct. If you need an understanding as to why they’d make such an update, here’s the perfect example.

The Intercept is reporting that the company is readying a censored version of its search engine in a custom Android app to launch in China.

To comply with the Chinese government’s strict internet censorship laws, Google’s China-only search engine app would block websites and search terms about human rights, peaceful protests, political dissidents, democracy, police brutality, religion, and more.

( I heard on the radio that the chinese /googleAKAdragonfly … will require you to give your cell phone # before searches

1. Yes … totally . TERRIFIED of an orange egomaniac who lies about shit nobody needs to lie about cuz he’s morally dead . A manchild who’s campaign manager just flipped on in the middle of the #russiagate scandal . Terrified I say …

.#giggle

1. Why would I care about that ?
          A: it’s china . I don’t follow or make their rules
          B: private company right ? Juss like the cake makers … scouts settled that .. /shrug

#giggle
          #ireallydoloveyerpassiontho

2. Gyros suck ..

And that’s not the point and u know it . They call Russia a conspiracy and fake , yet believe EVERY story about everyone but trump . I celebrate the level of oblivion

1. But it IS my point. You’re obsession has gone from comical to creepy. Or is it the other way around? Whatevs, u do u and I’ll just keep poking the pig. 😉

2. Watching you try and divert by worrying about NOTHING else besides what’s happening to the dipshit u didn’t vote for is truly adorable . I celebrate u for that …

1. You’re not but we can pretend for a minute. I’ll laugh at you because President Pence. It’s a win-win for me.

22. Manaforts motivation seems to be that the sooner the case ends , the quicker he gets out . Plus he has to talk to the Feds forever , as long as it’s about this case without lying or he goes back to jail .

1. There’s more … I just like watching u guys dismiss everything. I save them … I have a helluva story to post when this is over .

Then the comments will begin !!!

#giggle

1. Didn’t you tell us Rick Gates was going to do just that? Don’t you get tired of jacking off on the screen every time the leftist media tells you they have Trump this time? Time after time after time?

23. Oh what ? #giggle

Cohen has now started talking to the special counsel even tho he didn’t plea to it ??

Or maybe it’s a new agreement we didn’t know about ?

#trumpsgettingimpeached

1. I have a difficult time believing that. Just because you or the media don’t know it was to protect themselves doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

24. Let me just say, and without having to plead to a crime, that I also will be happy to cooperate with the Mueller probe. I know just as much about Russian collusion as it seems Rick Gates and Paul Manafort do so go ahead, interview me too. Just add me to the list of people who are “turning” on Trump.

Haven’t we heard this same bullshit before?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *