Post navigation

15,146 thoughts on “Summer 2018

1. Back in the 1960s, President Eisenhower (a Republican) warned America of a powerful “Military-Industrial” complex. Given too much power, it would soon be able to not only influence domestic spending, but also foreign affairs. He warned of a American Government ruled by the “Arms Merchants”. When I see our policy in Saudi Arabia dictated by arms sales, and not human rights, it saddens me. Ike……..you were 100% correct.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/eisenhower-warns-of-military-industrial-complex

1. My dad was born in 1941 in Starkville, Mississippi. He grew up across the street from Mississippi State University, which he couldn’t attend because he is black. But he refused to accept victimhood and dependency as his destiny. Instead, he worked his entire life to build a better future for himself and his family.

It was my father’s example that most inspired me to a life of service. After attending West Point, I served as an Apache helicopter pilot with over 750 hours of combat during Operation Iraqi Freedom.

While I was in Iraq, the Great Recession took hold back home, and I saw images from Detroit, Flint and Saginaw that looked worse than the combat zones I was flying in. I was fighting for Iraqi freedom and opportunity, but I didn’t see enough people back home fighting for Michiganders.”

2. McSally had a good one the other day in Arizona at her own debate. McSally out there fighting the Taliban after the 9/11 attacks while her Democratic opponent was out there talking about fighting along side the Taliban. What a contrast.

1. Seems Arizonans are starting to see that too. And that’s a good thing. People who say they’re moderates. Yet, their past history says just the opposite.

2. President Trump Job Approval

Rasmussen Reports
    Approve 47, Disapprove 52
    Disapprove +5

Hoovering at 51%, and then, Horseface. Not helpful. Wish he stop doing that. Trump is Trump, disapprove of a comment or a tweet, but approve of most everything else. He certainly doesn’t play to the polls. A strength and a weakness all rolled up in one

3. But Lamberth denied the request to dismiss the lawsuit at the time — and on Friday, he said he was happy he did, charging that State Department officials had intentionally misled him because other key documents, including those on Clinton’s email server, had not in fact been produced.
    “It was clear to me that at the time that I ruled initially, that false statements were made to me by career State Department officials, and it became more clear through discovery that the information that I was provided was clearly false regarding the adequacy of the search and this – what we now know turned out to be the Secretary’s email system,” Lamberth said Friday.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/state-department-provided-clearly-false-statements-to-derail-hillary-clinton-doc-requests-federal-judge-says

1. I still contend the Russian Collusion trap, and Insurance Policy was to hide the fact that Obama and his administration knowing lied to the American people about Benghazi to save his re-election, and they NEEDED Hillary as President to keep that secret hidden.

1. With indictments. If a Federal Judge says he was lied to in court, something has to be done. Period.

1. I’m glad the Department of Treasury Official was arrested yesterday. Apparently her boss is part of it too. Using government to destroy people for political purposes must be rooted out and all those held to account. Build more prisons if you have to, and no special treatment, even if it’s a former President.

1. I was just reading that. How can a 40 year old be handed over to her parent’s custody? That’s weird.

2. You need to look no further than the ‘immunity train’ that was given to Clinton and her operatives by our supposedly ‘untouchable’ Top Cops.

What still amazes me is that Mueller has been given the unfettered ability to prosecute anyone, at anytime, for any crimes ‘he comes across’ in the Russian Investigation. Yet, he seems to be quite the cherry picker. He was investigating exactly what this women was leaking to the Press. Throughout this whole exercise, he seems to have had no interest in such things at all. Convenient ‘neglect’ of so much as long as it the paints the narrative. And that’s all this nonsense has ever been – A narrative.

3. I agree that if he was truly looking for all collusion, he should be investigation the DNC and Clinton Campaign.

4. Said from the beginning. Mueller’s choice for his #2 said a lot about the man. Who he is, what he’s not. I just hope if it turns out that Mueller is just as corrupt as the rest of them, he’s also held to account. NO passes for anyone this time. Nothing in our history even compares with this as to what they’ve done to this Country.

1. Goooooooooood Zoe for not turning in her paper and busting on this totally inappropriate action by the teacher.

1. 10000000000000000000% Common Ground. Not a fan of the guy who acted all heroiv after taking out a family of baboons with a high powered rifle either. On this, we totally agree.

4. So much for equality. Harvard, leading much of it as they always have. You’re too stupid to be measured but the same standards because of your ethnicity or your gender. You can’t get more racist or sexist than that. Elizabeth Warren figured that out a long, long time ago as much as she denies it. A real twofer for her.

Harvard’s gatekeeper reveals SAT cutoff scores based on race
    By Lia Eustachewich

October 17, 2018

https://nypost.com/2018/10/17/harvards-gatekeeper-reveals-sat-cutoff-scores-based-on-race/

5. Another day, another California lunatic. This time, pizzing off the Cuban Community in South Florida. Note to California Representatives and their Senators (you too Feinstein, Pelosi), you might want to keep ‘how you really feel’ out of the reach of Americans EVERYWHERE – But too late, is my guess. There’s too much for them to cover up, who they are, who they’ve always been. Commies seem to the prevalent word here for some.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article220134190.html

6. Interesting read.

..Ironically, Trump is reaching out to the African-American community to a much greater degree than progressives are reaching out to the estranged white working class.

Trump has other issues that might fuel the effort to redirect black support. Abortion, for example, is supposedly a Democratic sacrament. But few progressives talk much about the high rate of black abortions. African-Americans make up between 12 percent and 13 percent of the American population but account for as many as 35 percent of all abortions.

Yet liberal family-planning advocates were not always shy about their occasionally eugenics-inspired agendas of the past. The spiritual founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, was an unapologetic eugenicist who professed that the object of birth control was to discourage the reproduction of those she derided as “the unfit.”

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a liberal icon, once couched her support for abortion in neo-eugenic terms. In a disturbing 2009 interview, she was quite blunt: “Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of.”

That’s really some disproportionate numbers. 1/3rd of abortions in this Country, yet, 12-13% of the population. Wow.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2018/10/18/could_trump_win_20_percent_of_the_african-american_vote_in_2020_138385.html

7. I truly wish Sen John McCain was around right now. I have no doubt he would be out there right now, demanding justice for the murder of a US resident in a Saudi consulate, regardless of arms sales. Men of his kind of integrity are few and far between in Congress these days. We miss ya, John.

1. Yeah, I thought about McCain and how he’d skewer the Democratic nut job in Arizona for talking about fighting along side the Taliban after 9/11. I miss him too. Don’t worry, I’ve got a hunch that his spirit is alive and well with Arizonans.

1. As long as you thought of him. Cool. Don’t care what path we take as long as we end up at the same place. :)

8. What a devil Trump is in ‘colluding ‘with Saudi Arabia in order to give them ‘more time’ for a cover story.

At least, that’s how CNN tells it. Seems that’s all they can talk about anymore – TRUMP! He’s this, that and the other thing because ‘we’ say so.

Politics

48 mins ago
    CNN on-screen graphic asks if US is ‘giving Saudis more time to form cover story’ on Jamal Khashoggi’s apparent murder
    ______

President Trump on Thursday said it “certainly looks” like missing activist and writer Jamal Khashoggi is dead. Khashoggi’s whereabouts were unknown after he entered the Saudi Consulate in Turkey earlier this month.

The president didn’t elaborate on where his conclusion came from however he said the consequences for Saudi Arabia “will have to be very severe” if they are ultimately found responsible for Khashoggi’s death..

..Thursday, Pompeo told reporters that he suggested that Trump allow Saudi officials more time to complete an investigation into Khashoggi’s disappearance.
    “I told President Trump this morning that we ought to give them a few more days to complete that so we can get a complete understanding (of) the facts surrounding that, at which point we can make a decision about how the United States should respond to the issues surrounding Mr. Khashoggi,” Pompeo said.

Trump’s remarks come after Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin announced on Twitter that he would not be attending a conference in Saudi Arabia later this month…

So which is it, and who to believe? A ‘rush’ to do something, or a complete understanding of the facts, and who’s behind it? All depends on who and what you want to believe I guess. If you want to feed your Trump hate, choose CNN. If you want a shot at the truth, choose another. It’s really getting to be that simple.

1. Trump and Saudis are buddy buddy. Like Vlad and Don. And Kim. And Duterte in Phillipines. Donnie likes him some autocrats.

Face it Saudis spit in our face once again………time for us to start downgrading our support for their regime. Hell, they are just as repressive as the Iranians, if not more.

1. ..he said the consequences for Saudi Arabia “will have to be very severe” if they are ultimately found responsible for Khashoggi’s death..

Not very patient are you? Are you ‘demanding’ action ‘now’ because you have the full story? CNN too, Huff or any of them? Most can agree he was killed. What does our intelligence agencies say? Or are they still analyzing it, whereas people like you AND Maxine waters don’t have to. We know he’s guilty, we just know it, even two years later in the case of Trump.

So, should the consequences be as ‘severe’ as Trump has said, or do you disagree him once again?

1. ISIS, Taliban, and Al Queda all came from Saudi sponsored Wahabbism.
          OSL was Saudi. Most of the 9/11 attackers were Saudi. Saudi has troops in Syria and Yemen, and has threatened to invade Qatar, our best ally in the region.

We need to quit sucking up, to the damn Saudis. They are playing us……..getting us to take out Iran for them. And Donnie may just let them do it.

2. Don’t disagree that the Hijackers were Saudi, Bin Laden too. Maybe we just go ahead and bomb the hell of them just to make sure that we can’t trust them.

2. It’s CNN. I just don’t care what they say any longer. I’ve lost all respect for the company and their so called ‘talent’.

9. We ban war refugees from Syria, now we threaten to send in the Army to protect us from a caravan of Honduran migrant families. What a nation of weenies we have become. Not sure we deserve the blessings God has given us anymore.

1. People ‘overrunning’ our borders illegally. Weenies for not protecting ourselves. Only in the wonderful, warped and perverted World of Progressives. Other Democrats got the memo, apparently, you didn’t – Don’t talk about immigration. Wonder why?

2. Gotta love how you use God when it’s convenient to prove how compassionate and virtuous you are. Such a fraud.

3. The National Guard is not the Army. Just like the Navy isn’t the Army, or the Marines. You wouldn’t be exaggerating now would you?

10. Georgia GOP seems to be on a full course press to purge or intimidate as many Dem voters as possible. Honestly, never seen a party so afraid of the voters, as the current GOP is. They make us this myth of voter fraud, because they just do not want to accept they are in the minority. It’s a brave new world. Join it. :)

1. A minority because illegal immigrants shouldn’t vote? LOL. Boy are you ever wrong side of this issue.

2. We’ll never know how big of an issue voter fraud really is until one side stops crying racism over making people show they’re eligible to vote.

I’d contend voting has screwed up more lives and caused more damage in this nation than guns ever could.

3. This from the guy who said one disenfranchised voter is too many. Don’t fraudeulent voters disenfranchise legitimate voters? Just one is too many, right? Such a hypocrite.

1. “The 53,000 Georgians cited in their complaint can vote in the November 6 election. Any claims to the contrary are politically motivated and utterly false”.

Liberal msm are counting on liberals to not read beyond the headline.

1. “Liberal msm are counting on liberals to not read beyond the headline.”

Seems like a fair assumption. 😉
        ___
        “Under this ‘exact match’ protocol, the transposition of a single letter or number, deletion or addition of a hyphen or apostrophe, the accidental entry of an extra character or space, and the use of a familiar name like ‘Tom’ instead of ‘Thomas’ will cause a no match result,” lawyers for the civil rights groups wrote in the suit.

“It imposes a substantial, unwarranted, and disproportionate burden on Black, Latino, and Asian-American voters and denies them equal opportunity to register and to vote in Georgia elections,” the suit said.
        ___
        So the assumption here apparently is that Black, Latino and Asian-American voters are less capable of completing a simple form with personal information than other voters. Seems to be a rather racist assumption. Or…

“He said his opponent, Democrat Stacey Abrams, was “sloppy” in registering voters through the New Georgia Project, a voter registration group founded by Abrams in 2013.”

1. The evil “MSM” talking point….even more, the “Evil Liberal MSM”. You folks and your boogeyman. If a media outlet does not fawn over Trump love Fox, you all call them liberal…….bubble folks are funny.

11. Investigators ready to ask top FBI lawyer if there was ‘legal analysis’ after Rod Rosenstein talk of secretly recording Trump

by Daniel Chaitin
    |
    October 18, 2018 10:17 AM

Updated Oct 18, 2018, 11:49 AM

The ex-top lawyer at the FBI, James Baker, will appear before a congressional Russia task force on Thursday for a second private meeting in recent weeks.

During an interview on Fox News, Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, said the first questions the former general counsel will be asked will focus on whether there was any kind of “legal analysis” following Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein’s discussion of secretly recording President Trump.

“Was there some kind of legal analysis of actually looking to record the president of the United States? What subsequent meetings took place? Those are the first series of questions we’ll ask Mr. Baker,” Jordan said about half an hour before the meeting with members of the House Judiciary and House Oversight and Government Committees was scheduled to start…

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/investigators-ready-to-ask-top-fbi-lawyer-if-there-was-legal-analysis-after-rod-rosenstein-talk-of-secretly-recording-trump

1. I have more questions also that have crossed my mind

Why torture ? What did they think they could get . And what did they think they were getting with THAT form of torture ? ( cutting off fingers ?

Look close at Turkey too , what does Erdewan stand to gain ?

How did the audio even work there in an Embassey meant to keep voices from being heard ?

1. He linked up his Iwatch to an outside account . That’s how he got the audio and video out of the consulate . He knew bad stuff may happen to him .

1. Part and parcel to why the 2 hurricanes were do devastating to the island. Their government officials have been ripping them off for decades.

1. Under the deal, which was developed over the course of several months, Mexico requested that the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) establish shelters along its southern border with Central America, the official said.
      ————-
      Excellent. One of the 1st things the new President of Mexico did was secure his southern border. Some didn’t think there would be cooperation, but I’m so glad there is. This is another foreign policy win for this administration. Look back at how Vicente Fox use to speak to our country and President? This is a complete 180.

12. It wasn’t Trump we had to worry about sending unsolicited text messages. It was Democrats. Two texts in the last week.

The arrogance of texting people who you mined their cell phone number from somewhere to beg for votes. Smells of desperation to me.

1. Hi! This is Madalyn with the Colorado Dems! Ballots are getting mailed out this week and we wanted to make sure you have a plan to turn in your ballot to support all of Colorado’s Democrats up and down the ticket including Jared Polis and Phil Weiser. Are you planning on mailing your ballot ✉️ or dropping it off at a drop box?

2. It is desperation. If they lose (and they very well could), it’s going to be like watching a replay of 2016, but worse.

13. And to think that’s almost as high as when he first got elected:

RCP Avg: Approval Rises to 44.1%

Especially when you factor in the ‘two-year’ 24/7 effort to destroy him, to remove him from office by any means necessary. NO ONE else could have stood up to it as he does. Winning, winning, winning.

14. https://twitter.com/jeremyherb/status/1053048192542085120

CNN Reporter.

Looks like Rosenstein has reached an agreement under the conditions he’ll meet with Congress in testifying ‘under oath’ next week. Two Republicans, Two Democrats, one Court Reporter. Contents of which will be released to the Public after the Midterms is my guess.

Some talk afterwards about Schiff being exposed by Rosenstein for leaking in the chatter that follows. Chatter, at this time.

15. He definitely has a point here:

The Inspector General’s investigation substantiated the findings “and the senior FBI official acknowledged, that the official accepted two tickets to a professional sports event from the TV correspondent without paying the correspondent for the tickets. The senior FBI official initially maintained to the OIG in an interview under oath that the official had paid for the tickets, but five days later admitted to the OIG that the official did not.”

Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s office did not recommend prosecution for the senior official despite the fact he lied to investigators initially.

Rep. Mark Meadows said in a Tweet Tuesday “total hypocrisy.”

“DOJ prosecutes Mike Flynn and George Papadopoulos for lying to the FBI,” Meadows stated. “But a senior FBI official accepted free gifts from a media member, lied to the FBI about it, and faces no prosecution.”

https://saraacarter.com/ig-report-concludes-senior-fbi-official-lied-to-investigators-doesnt-recommend-prosecuting/

Lack of candor (Lying), the worst violation of all for an FBI agent.

16. https://www.forbes.com/sites/ebauer/2018/10/18/sec-commissioner-warns-a-retirement-crisis-tsunami-is-approaching/#59a975f31ac7

Due to a number of factors, the financial health of the Social Security trust fund has been declining. According to the 2018 Trustees Report on Social Security, the fund will be depleted by 2034. That is only 16 years away. At the same time, the availability of employer-provided pension plans has also been declining. Few private sector workers today have access to a pension, and many public sector pension plans are facing severe financial problems. . . .

Wow, who’d a thunk it!

And before our resident business haters jump in with “Evil big business took away pensions, it’s their fault!”, pension plans are absurdly expensive and funding requirements allow for ridiculous assumptions about future investment returns, virtually guaranteeing a future funding shortfall. Hence “many public sector pension plans are facing severe financial problems.” It amounts to guaranteeing an investment return, so when the market inevitably goes south the sponsor has to pony up the difference. Who does that?

Yes, business and government sponsors should have recognized this risk when setting up pension plans. Not doing so was short-sighted. Regulators should also have recognized it and not made funding rules so liberal. So both are complicit.

Pensions were a great benefit to attract talent, and for a time necessary to be competitive. But markets (i.e. people) generally don’t reward long-term planning at the expense of short-term results. They should, but they don’t. Hence the continued kicking of the can on SS and Medi…most of us don’t vote for people who run on raising taxes or taking away benefits, despite the clear and overwhelming evidence that both are necessary.

See also https://www.forbes.com/sites/ebauer/2018/03/11/take-cover-its-another-retirement-reform-proposal/#bd5fec542441 Not necessarily the perfect solution, but at least she’s thinking about it and throwing out ideas, far more than I can say for most folks in DC.

1. And one of the biggest issues with guaranteed public pensions is evident here in Michigan. You can be a Treasurer for only 4 years and get a pension. The brokers my husband supports have a huge municipality book of clients. They’ve see this one person move to 4 different jobs, in different cities and counties work for 4 years and then you get a pension. Of course many of these are not fully funded either.

17. Leftybill
    October 18, 2018 at 17:09
    We ban war refugees from Syria, now we threaten to send in the Army to protect us from a caravan of Honduran migrant families. What a nation of weenies we have become. Not sure we deserve the blessings God has given us anymore

——

What’s the UN rules of refugees and asylum?

1. Does that matter as Trump has pulled out us out of the UN Refugee committee, as well as climate and many other humanitarian issues. Nope, we are America First now………..we will sell you weapons to wage war, but damn if we will take in any refugees from that war in. Nope, this is the new America……that shining city on the hill is gone. We are a gated community of frightened arms merchants now.

2020, Vote Blue…….Make America “America” again.

1. I’m not talking to trump, i’m talking to you.

What are the international laws for asylum and refugees?

1. If you are talking to me, I do not care about the UN rules. I think our current policy of travel bans, and refugee bans, and border walls, and family separations to be deplorable.

The America under Trump operates from No higher plane……..only fear and profit. We become less great each day.

So from me, I think we are weenies. And I think threatening to send in the army over a caravan of migrant families is chickencrap………..which is what we are under this admin. I look forward to voting it out. :)

1. I bash our President, because he is a frightened, lying putz. My nation is bashed by following the policies of a frightened, liar. :)

2. We all know why you bash the President and those who voted for him.

What’s sad is you’re incapable of having rational discussions about what is actually happening.
            Again, one of the very first things the new President of Mexico did was sent troops to secure the southern border of Mexico.

Ignore it, that’s what you do.

3. So you don’t care about international norms, you just want trump out. Ok then.

So it’s not about people to you, it’s about trump, and you’re more than happy to use their plight as a political weapon.

Pretty low man, pretty low.

2. Merc, found this on their website:
          “States have the primary responsibility for determining the status of asylum-seekers..”
          http://www.unhcr.org/en-us/refugee-status-determination.html

The UN doesn’t have guidelines, they only assist or steps in when a country/state has no interested in dealing with a refugee crisis.

Since this is being done in Mexico, Mexico’s qualifications for refugee status is in play since they asked for the help along their border.

1. I remember reading that asylum acceptance workworks by getting to the nearest safe country. Which arguably is either Guatemala or mexico.

1. Quick alert the Joint Chiefs, we have a caravan of a few thousand migrant families heading our way. Seriously……………we have become a nation of selfish, and self-absorbed pantywastes.

2. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/10/18/u-s-supports-mexico-un-plan-caravan-honduran-migrants/1690833002/

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who is visiting Mexico on Friday, applauded the move by Mexican government officials.

“We welcome the Government of Mexico’s statement that they will seek cooperation with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees to address immigration issues in the region, including the influx of people arriving in Mexico,” he said in a statement. “The United States stands ready to assist the Government of Mexico and UNHCR in this effort.”

18. Considering we are in the midst of a diplomatic crisis over the murder of a reporter, I find your joking about the confirmed assault on another reporter………deplorable. Mr President, with all due respect, I can find nothing to respect in you.

You truly are a despicable jackazz, constantly poking at the nation’s wounds, intent on keeping us divided. Come 2020, it is time for the silent majority of America to be heard…….not the loud, pundit led minority.

19. EA

October 19, 2018 at 09:32

He linked up his Iwatch to an outside account . That’s how he got the audio and video out of the consulate . He knew bad stuff may happen to him .

1. So let’s listen to it.

Let’s here the evidence and draw verdicts from it.

Enough of this public opinion court.

One thing I will commend trump on that I didn’t think he could do. He hasn’t been impulsive on action with this.

1. He most certainly HAS been impulsive. Impulsive to rush in and defend the Saudis, his buddies. If it were a Iranian American resident, killed in the Iranian consulate, Trump would have two carriers already en route. Nope………disagree. He has been very impulsive…………in a rush to defend an autocrat buddy of his.

2. Dude…….if it looks this much like a duck, is quacking loud in your ear, and your shoes are covered in duck crap……….it is most likely a duck you are dealing with. :)

1. Like Trump, you are trying to compare the murder of this man to the Kavanaugh hearing. Totally asinine. But what happens when you follow Trump’s lead.

Comparing this murder to Ms Ford’s testimony is hogwash……….but seems to be the pundit talking point, the hive is parroting.

Does not matter………it is crap, and show you all care more about protecting Trump, than getting justice. But then again……….those of us not in the hive, already knew that. :)

2. I’m illuminating you and your tribe’s hypocrisy.
            Guilty until proven innocent for the things that hurt Trump, period. That’s what drives the left’s morals these days.

3. I would have no idea it an pundit said this or not. Looks like another canned attack you gleaned off of your script yet again.

I care about protecting THE MOST SACRED TENET OF CIVIL SOCIETY THAT’S BEEN IN EXISTENCE FOR OVER 1,000 YEARS!

Innocent UNTIL proven guilty.

Try to find your way back to that.

1. Or a guy with a duck call.

No one is going anywhere, let’s look at the evidence and reach a logical conclusion.

What’s the rush?

1. That does not explain the piles of duck crap all over the Saudi consulate and residence. They did it………we need to quit sucking up to the damn Saudis.

20. Going to miss Niki Haley……….she has stones. Hope to see her around in national level again.

21. We are all following the murder of a Reporter, and what does Donnie Dipstick do……..make fun of the assault on a reporter as his rally last night.

Guy is a clueless and classless. President of only his base.

22. No crowing about the stock market today or yesterday I see, Susanne. Pray tell, why??????????????????????????

Just poking……..and I know………..PHUK U. :)

1. Because I was barely on yesterday validating 7 SharePoint site migrations among other things.

Your desperation to fight has been noted.

1. Fair enough…………………… Like I said, just poking. Market does what the market does…..not for the meek. :)

2. My portfolio is gering moved over to e-trade. Can’t do anything from mobile right now.

Anything I should buy since stuff is going on sale?

1. I concur with the “Media” who say this. She had her shot…….and blew it. We need more Biden, less Clinton.

Kind of hope all those Warren backers now see, they should shift to my boy, Joe as well. Not because Liz is evil or anything………just does not have the stones to beat Don. Joe does…..and will. :)

1. Not sure if Joe is what this country needs. We need new leadership all the way around. The old guard on both sides need to retire.

It’s like trying to rip away Thanksgiving Dinner from Grandma because she’s dries out the turkey. Some just won’t give up control.

1. That is cool………..not demanding everyone else vote for him. But I am……..if he runs, hope he does. :)

1. Very cool………..I love watching the stories of the guys who go into 3rd world nations, and do this surgery. It truly is life changing for them. Goodonya Norm!

1. His was local, but he did do a lot of free work during his time.

He use to barter too. Their beloved Max, white Scottish Terrier, was an exchange for a nose job or something like that. I’ll have to ask Helen again.

23. Wife gave me a podcast to listen to.
    Hidden brain episode- voting with you middle finger

Intriguing

1. Since 1970 the wages and economic prospects of this group have absolutely tanked” she says. Williams is the author of the book White Working Class: Overcoming Class Cluelessness in America.
        Marisa Abrajano presents a more critical explanation.”The issue of immigration is one of the main factors that’s driving white voters away from the Democratic party,” she explains. Abrajano is a political scientist at the University of California San Diego, and, along with Zoltán Hainal, she’s co-author of the book White Backlash: Immigration, Race, and American Politics.
        ————-
        Interesting.

24. SSSCzar

October 19, 2018 at 11:10

RESIST is why.

Yes, I resist the brutal slaying of this man. It is not right.

1. The civilized world should resist when things like this happen. And they are…….even if Munchin was late to hold the Saudis accountable.

1. What happened to the bill that wanted to wait for reports to come out and investigations to conclude?

25. Beautiful autumn day finally………heading out to talk a walk. It is stunning outside. Ciao.

26. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/conservatives-mount-a-whisper-campaign-smearing-khashoggi-in-defense-of-trump/ar-BBOA6kY?ocid=spartanntp

All part of the story being spread:

Washington Post. A Republican ‘whisper campaign’

..The GOP officials declined to share the names of the lawmakers and others who are circulating information critical of Khashoggi because they said doing so would risk exposing them as sources..

One of the sources may have been revealed here later in the story:

..Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) have taken the step of invoking the Global Magnitsky Act to force Trump to report to Congress on whether people should face sanctions over Khashoggi’s alleged death, including Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman..

It’s amazing how much can flip after an election. Things that were defendable no longer are. including any rush to judgement – All out the window. I can be more flexible after the election Russia was told in a ‘whispering’ message to Vlad. Bowing to the Saudi King as a measure of great respect and the ignoring of the Iranian people who cried out where are you Obama during the uprising in Iran. The World’s number Terrorist Sponsored State, where their Nationalism still includes the ever popular chant of Death to America. And now, you can add Mexico to mix and their Border enforcement policies. Elections may change a lot of things because of the Oval Office occupant and an election loss. But one’s own hate of Country never does. It’s ‘ALWAYS’ the one constant in all of this.

1. The Democrats certainly have one hell of a Super Pac. What an education this Country continues to get. The ‘fix is in’ – Everywhere. Something that only Trump was able to penetrate and expose.

Comments are closed.