Post navigation

7,704 thoughts on “Baby It’s Cold Outside!

1. Wow. What can one even say anymore as to how nuts it’s getting? Where does one even start anymore, other than that every American will start seeing it for themselves. And that’s, a good thing.

1. In this particular example, I would think it’s a safe assumption a majority would concur. Just a hunch though. The decent, the civil do exist, but they’re a hell of lot harder to find in your neck of the woods – That’s just an undeniable, irrefutable fact.

1. SSSCzar
    January 10, 2019 at 15:08

https://www.foxnews.com/science/something-very-strange-is-happening-to-earths-magnetic-north-pole-and-no-one-knows-why
    ————–
    We’ve had polar shifts before of our planet. About every 220k or 300k years. The famous psychic Edgar Cayce predicted another one to occur, but he said it was to be in Dec. of 2012. It didn’t happen, so perhaps he was just off a couple of years.

RW
    January 10, 2019 at 15:17

Perhaps, it’s already started. Are they always sudden, or can they be gradual? Almost undetected? If so, would it impact GPS positioning another question?
    ____

My bad, should have read it. The answer is yes.

2. Be ready for the hit jobs Joe, honesty is not what these people are about:

AOC is not the future of the party, according to Joe Lieberman, a former Democrat from Connecticut who became an independent.

“With all respect,” he told FOX Business’ Neil Cavuto on Thursday, “I certainly hope she’s not the future and I don’t believe she is.”

3. Of course, I have never seen a “National Crisis” be resolved with a 1 year design phase, an equal bidding phase, and a decade of Construction.

——————

Great point !

1. The Hoover Dam took 5 years.
      The Tennessee Valley Authority has been around since 1933 and still exists.
      The initial construction of the Interstate, as proposed in 1956, was completed in September of 1991.

Hmm….

1. Again, history.
          Hoover Dam was built to stop the Imperial Valley from flooding which would kill scores of people and destroy crops. – Humanitarian

Tennessee Valley Authority was created to help the severe poverty of the region and to bring electricity to this impoverished region. – Humanitarian

The Interstate System was created to protect our nation by creating an interconnected highway system that our military could use for transport and emergency runways. That’s the real reason behind it. So protecting our nation in case of war. – National Security to avoid a potential Humanitarian crisis.

You’re welcome.

4. Anyone who thinks TSA (thousands standing around) has done anything meaningful is a complete idiot.

They’re security theatre. TSA doesn’t stop anyone from entering. That’s customs.

1. So let’s keeping paying for an agency that has a 5% success rate in DOING THE EFFIN’ JOB KEEPING OUR AIRPLANES AND AIRPORTS SAFE?? Since you never fly, wtf do you care about OUR safety.

So who’s the idiot in that push? You are pudding pie, you are.

Privatize it.

1. It’s what you get when the majority are really only qualified to ask “do you want fries with that?” Some of the things I see and hear are downright scary.

There are some that are highly professional, qualified and a joy to be around. Sadly they are outnumbered by brain dead and ignorant coworkers promoted due to union rules.

1. Why? YOU NEVER FLY!!! What a bunch of phony sanctimonious bullshit. The TSA is a failure, and should have been privatized years ago.

1. Personal rant. . . unrelated.

I f****ing hate airport security. It is the sole reason I fly as little as possible. My wife loves to travel and I just can’t stand the inefficiency and extortion that is airport security.

5. EA
    January 10, 2019 at 14:11
    The New York Times said Russian , they corrected to Ukraine , which is tied to Russia

——–

That’s a pretty big stretch given the tension between those 2 countries in the past 5 years.

1. Yes in the big picture . But when u look at the characters it’s not a stretch at all . This is about the characters that happen to be from said places .

Just like if Russians were dealing with some Americans , they prolly just call them the Americans ..

1. I haven’t looked into either suspect.

It’s not unheard of, and there’s merit to a possible connection. Especially if the Ukrainians are from the Crimean peninsula, where there are plenty of pro-Russian supporters.

I’m just saying that merely stating the two countries as connected doesn’t hold much weight given recent history.

1. I’m focusing more on state tax legislation here, local well water and land purchases, and possible hemp growing.

6. Didn’t know that about Biden, Kamela Harris certain skated over that with her answer.

TAPPER: You were in the second integrated class of Thousand Oaks Elementary School in Oakland. It happened because of busing, you write about that.

HARRIS: That’s right.

TAPPER: Around that time, then Senator Joe Biden changed his position on busing and became anti-busing. He joined with Jesse Helms. I don’t even know if you know this but this…

HARRIS: I did not know that.

TAPPER: … and I’m just wondering as somebody who was in an integrated class because of busing, was then Senator Biden wrong?

HARRIS: Well as we know, first of all, that there was a need for Brown v. Board of Education thanks to Thurgood Marshall and Charles Hamilton Houston and Constance Baker Motley…

Surprised Tapper asked her about this. He was much closer to her, than she admits here. And her book full of praise for him (I guess that’s What happens when you rush your book to the presses, you’re stuck with every word)

TAPPER: You were a leader of the Me Too movement. You were the very vocal on the Senate Judiciary Committee during Kavanaugh. An unfortunate thing happened on your staff which is that one of your top aids you had to resign a few weeks ago, Larry Wallace and in fact he’s mentioned in the book at one point helping you run the Attorney General Department or the Department of Justice in California in fixing the problem of implicit bias.

As somebody who is a leader of the Me Too movement, how did this happen and you didn’t know about it? And what did you learn about it given that it kind of struck close to home?

Let the lying begin as if never ended. Just another day in America.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/01/10/kamala_harris_56_billion_can_be_spent_on_issues_that_impact_americans_not_trumps_vanity_project.html?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_social_rail&spotim_referrer=social_rail

7. This story has it all, Justice, Nazi’s, Ukraine and this little gem:

..U.S. Ambassador Richard Grenell, who lobbied for Germany to take Palij, said he’d been informed of the death. He credited U.S. President Donald Trump with seeing through Palij’s August 2018 deportation after it had been stalled for a quarter-century…

The last Nazi harbored in the US, sent to Germany to face accountability. All of it on Trump’s watch. Not Obama’s, not Bush’s, not Clinton’s. They all talked about it, but Trump, delivered.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/former-nazi-concentration-camp-guard-deported-from-us-dies-in-germany

8. NBC

Trump could take billions from disaster areas to fund wall

Courtney Kube and Julia Ainsley

1 hr ago

Trump ‘could’ take billions away from two areas cited here, California and Puerto Rico. Surprised though that they could Git R’ Done in a year and a half. That’s a lot of wall. Hundreds of mile of it. As for California, let them eat taxes like they want to do with rest of us.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-could-take-billions-from-disaster-areas-to-fund-wall/ar-BBS55Rh?ocid=spartanntp

9. EA
    January 10, 2019 at 13:04
    Trump calls the border a national security emergency when most of the terrorists stopped come thru the airport so what does he do? He stops paying the people at the airport who stop the terrorists …

——————

You aren’t really that ignorant about airport security and crossing international borders by airplane, ARE YOU??

1. Most are caught in airports … not sure what u mean . but I don’t speak with a drawl so maybe I just can’t understand yer accent 😉

1. Like the two Bangladesh men who paid 16,000 each to fly from Saudi Arabia to Brazil and then hiked through Central America and Mexico entered the US without even realizing they were in it (What fence?). Then tried to surrender to a reporter?

2. Actually MOST are caught before they even depart for the US because passenger manifests are checked against known terrorists and they are denied boarding. The remainder are caught using tools that can’t be used on the unsecured border. Primarily facial recognition, which is again something unable to be used at an insecure border.

So thanks for proving the tools that would be available at the crossings, through a fence, would indeed work!

3. So now they are suspected terrorists.
            Hmmm…most terrorists, to suspected terrorists.

uh huh

10. Looks like Lindsey Graham has had enough of the Democrat’s obstruction too.

If Trump calls an emergency at the border, they’ll go to California’s Ninth District first who will ‘vote down anything’ related to Trump, then, an emergency appeal to the Supreme Court for an immediate hearing. I suspect once there, it will clearly be established that he has the authority to protect the Country – His number 1 responsibility to all who live here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/graham-time-for-trump-to-declare-national-emergency-for-border-wall/ar-BBS5hO8?ocid=spartanntp

1. #giggle

Yeah , this is totally an emergency. Trump doesn’t even care about a wall . He so stupid his campaign had to get him a slogan so he wouldn’t forget to talk about immigration

1. It’s well within his Presidential Powers, saying that you reject the facts, or it’s manufactured, doesn’t mean it’s not true. Try saying that to a judge sometime. Maybe that’s how works in Progressivopia, but Thank God for the Supreme Court.

1. Supreme Court has been pretty legit lately . I agree . I’m thankful for their check on this administration

#commonground

1. Yet you screeched like a wounded hyena over Kavanaugh when I told you he was more centrist and constitutionalist. You also chose to call him a rapist…

Now you like how the court looks. The new Larry Craig, ladies and gentlemen.

2. Yeah…because no other President in history used catchy slogans their blind followers repeated mindlessly…

/snicker

11. EA
    January 10, 2019 at 15:45
    And don’t worry about safety in airplanes then ?

—————-

Please enlighten me, what exactly should we be worried about today that is different than what we should worry about any other day?

Can’t wait to hear this answer.

1. So yer saying we’re safer as travelers with trained tsa agents quitting or calling out sick since they aren’t getting paid?

1. I think what he’s saying is we’re no less safe, not safer, because much of the TSA is incompetent. But you knew that. Weak.

1. That would be EXACTLY what I’m saying.

TSA is another example of government ineffectiveness at its very finest. Too many agents, not very high level of intelligence and union protected. They scare the crap out of me more days than not.

2. A 5% success rate, and we’re the morons for understanding what that reality means. Remember everyone….HE DOESN’T FLY. This VSing is ridiculous.

12. “I think we’re stuck. I just don’t see a pathway forward. I don’t see a way forward,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who had been leading the effort. “I have never been more depressed about moving forward than I am right now. I just don’t see a pathway forward.”

“It’s run into some difficulties,” conceded Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), another Republican trying to end the stalemate. “It’s very difficult when we’re dealing with people who do not want to budge at all in their positions and that’s the president and Speaker Pelosi. They’re each very dug in on their position and that’s made this very difficult to resolve.”

Pence told reporters on Thursday afternoon that there must be money for Trump’s wall project in an agreement to fund the government: “No wall, no deal,” Pence declared.

You can’t deal with people that don’t want to compromise. Trump is willing. Pelosi and Schumer won’t even consider talking about it. Simple as that.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/‘never-been-more-depressed’-trump-kills-graham-effort-to-end-shutdown/ar-BBS4UeW?ocid=spartanntp

13. Two Joshua trees destroyed by vandals in national park.

This is the green space Americans deserve, because we as a country treat things and people like s***.

If you need to be told by a government official not to run over a unique tree, you’re a terrible human being, and no government can fix that.

1. Last time I went to Muir Woods there was a family walking around off the paths and letting their kids climb around on the trees. There are signs all over saying stay on the paths and why. I pointed this out to these fools and they basically flipped me off. Nice.

14. The party of chaos, Molotov Cocktails and Marxism, that’s all they know. That’s all they care about it.

Chaos, and “overwhelming a system of governance and all of its resources” that must bend to their will, OR ELSE.

Republicans feeling that same old caving in feeling that can’t get away from, while the Communists ‘overwhelm’ as they always do. Except one difference this time around, Trump is at the helm – The most formidable obstacle these communists have ever encountered. And they absolutely, positively hate him for it because he stands between them and the power they so crave over others:

Democratic senators and union leaders led federal workers in rallies at the White House and across the country on Thursday, just one day before the partial government shutdown over border wall funding threatens to deny all of them their first full paycheck.

Welcome to the first week of civility that Hillary promised if the Democrats win. It’s just the beginning of the behaviors to come…

1. Yeah, funny to you, always. It was for almost 50 years ago too, when the lesson learned, was to ‘infiltrate’ the system, that’s the way you bring down government and all the processes and systems of governance so hated by so many. Take it from the streets to the highest levels of government and the Public Institutions of higher learning. Right from the Leftist handbook. Glad you’re enjoying all the fruits of it – An asylum needs a collection of misfits dedicated to so many different things.

1. Here’s the deal dumdum . No matter what u say it’s pretty obvious the trump campaign ‘ colluded’ with foreign countries . It’s very clear now after Mnuchin ‘s testimony that it was about Russian interests . So u go ahead and be a good sheep for the guy u voted for , but I’m gonna be over here rubbing it in yer face for the next year prolly with yer own words . Trump is goin down now that we have oversight . U can soon it and twist it all u want . But yer dumb ass will be proven to be exactly what I have always said u are . A dumdum who made a bad vote and at are too stupid to admit u are wrong S don’t worry brotha , I will remind u every chance I get .
          With love ,
          From Cali

1. I tried not to use numbers in my post , cuz I know the retirement community of America doesn’t know how to count . Now go get my hotel room ready 😉

2. Quite the smoking gun there EA.

Was it as good for you as it was for Ms. Pelosi?

Seems she’s not just wasting Trump’s time, the Country time’s, but also her own time.

Seems quite pizzed about it too:

House Democrats excoriated Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Thursday following a classified briefing about the Trump administration’s decision to ease economic sanctions on three companies linked to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska.

“One of the worst classified briefings we’ve received from the Trump administration,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told reporters. “The secretary barely testified.”

She said that while lawmakers did receive an intelligence assessment, officials “spent most of the time reading an unclassified document … wasting the time of the members of Congress.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/10/steven-mnuchin-congress-testimony-1096537

3. Attacking someone, constantly, is not in any way, shape or form a conviction, it’s an attack. Perhaps, someday you’ll understand that. But I doubt it.

15. Robin, I’m sure you’ve heard about this program in Chicago. An Op-Ed by Rahm E. about the free college program there.

Reading it over, some things definitely stood out for me.

Things like this caught my eye:

..Under the terms of the Chicago Star Scholarship, a program that has already enrolled more than 6,000 students, we tied eligibility to academic achievement. If a student at a local public high school maintains a B average, the City will provide a free associate’s degree at a local community college, regardless of immigration status. Then, through a program we call Star Plus, students who have maintained that 3.0 GPA are eligible to receive subsidized tuition at 18 of the four-year colleges located in Chicago, enabling many to graduate debt-free…

..The demographic impact is remarkable. More than two-thirds of Chicago Star scholars are Hispanic (compared with 20 percent in Oregon)—and 80 percent are first-generation college students (compared with 43 percent in Tennessee)..

4,000 of the 6,000 enrolled in the Program are Hispanic ‘regardless’ of their immigration status? Seems to be a lot of ‘under’ and ‘over representation’ in these numbers. Am I wrong Robin? What’s the ‘real’ story here?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/rahm-emanuel-case-free-community-college/579319/

1. I had not heard , and I am not sure where to get real info on it . The Atlantic is not a good source and neither is the Trib on all things union

John Kass , I will see what he has dug up if I can

16. I recommend all view this, it’s a real eye opener. A 5 minute investment.

Things that I never knew, but could only suspect. Why aren’t things like this ever brought to light?

Our safety nets are broken in this country, bleeding out from the large and open gaping wounds it has, and no one does nothing. Wow.

Border doctor on the financial burden of illegal immigrants
    Dr. Danny Villareal weighs in on the rise of birthright citizenship.

https://www.foxnews.com/person/i/laura-ingraham

1. You think he’s the first President to declare a National Emergency, and that he’ll set the precedent declaring one?

Whoopsie….there’s the History thingie again.

1. What deep thinker you are. You went down ahh…about an inch.

So now today it’s not a humanitarian crisis just a campaign promise when just the other day you congratulated us on FINALLY realizing it was a humanitarian crisis.

Full circle.

1. It’s called the English language. When you say you’re going to use something against them, it’s a threat. An extremely hallow one at that.

Man issues? Wipe your mangina sweetie. It’s dripping.

1. Men who are intimidated by strong, intelligent women, normally claim they have man issues. 😉

1. I’m hung up on trump . I haven’t bashed much of his polices tho . I’ve actually agreed with more than u think . I just think he conspired with Russia . :) :)

1. Oh I’m sorry, you’re the only one who can bash people around here?
        My word, you’re becoming a bigger lil bitch every day.

17. Always enjoy reading John Kass of the Chicago Tribune, one of the chuckles here:

..There could be a compromise in all of this, but U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the rest of the hard political left aren’t really interested in compromise. They’re interested in power and pushing the Democratic establishment types out of the way.

Perhaps this is why an old-timer like Pelosi has that bothersome “Eyes Wide Shut” expression, as if staring into headlights. But I wonder if she sees anything at all…

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-met-trump-pelosi-schumer-kass-20190109-story.html

18. EA
    January 10, 2019 at 23:57
    I tried not to use numbers in my post , cuz I know the retirement community of America doesn’t know how to count . Now go get my hotel room ready
    —————–
    Sanctimonious ageist. My word man.

1. Spelling != numbers

Just sayin’

I know it’s hard to distinguish between the two being from California and all…

1. Unclench … u bash me for 3 or 4 posts in a row then act like yer above it all . Do some breathing in through the nose and let that tightness out through the mouth …

/ handing u a mirror

1. Not clenched.
        Do you think YOU’RE above it all and can’t be criticized for the dumb shit you say?
        I get it, it sucks that I don’t back down to you and that I have vagina. I get it.

1. RW and I have a special kinda relationship 😉

And no I don’t , I like it . I enjoy the banter . U just get wierd when u get it back ..

#thatsall

1. What? You’re the one bitching about my attacking you, not me sweetheart. JFC dude…get a grip. 😉

1. Men who aren’t equipped to handle strong, intelligent women normally use man issues as an excuse to cover for their inadequacies.

More like fist down head up your rear..again.

19. A women who made her appearance in the 70’s, a heroine of the left then, a heroine of left now. And a heroine of Communism who was celebrated as such in all the usual places. An export of California who was given tenure as a Professor as has so many other like-minded communists, domestic bombers and cop killers who are celebrated by the left.

Part of her resume here. She was all the news back in the early 70’s:

It was “human rights activist Angela Davis,” as NPR astonishingly described the woman in an article this week, who bought the shotgun that was used in a 1970 Marin County court room kidnapping and shootout that ended up killing a superior court judge and three others. The subsequent manhunt and trial of Davis, a proud lifelong communist, would be a very big deal in Soviet nations.

For me, it was a trip down memory lane, for others, it may be a history lesson.

http://thefederalist.com/2019/01/11/angela-davis-womens-march-honoree-champion-of-terror-prisons-and-tyranny/

1. Is anyone surprised by this? CNN gave up even the appearance of objectivity 10 years ago. Now they are just the communications department at the DNC.

20. Marc Penn, Democrat, moderate and Clinton’s former pollster.

Americans want compromise, not resistance.

Manufactured crisis, immoral and all the distractions and excuses, just aren’t working. And as he says here, everyone knows it:

The idea that a few billion dollars for more walls, fences and border security rises to that moral level is overdone, especially since the Democrats supported nearly 600 miles of barriers across California not long ago. This is about politics, not policy. About the partisan bases, not the swing voters. And everybody knows it.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mark-penn-voters-want-results-not-resistance-from-new-democratic-majority

21. The John Galt
    January 11, 2019 at 12:00
    I think this old saying applies here.
    It doesn’t take much to entertain an idiot.

———————-

And it would appear one of them leaves pouting when he can’t remember how to spell his own email address.

22. The media seems to be uninterested in this story. Wonder why? Maybe because it was a nothing burger, other than the Trump hate that was on display? HATE is not news anymore, it’s just hate. A Country tires of it.

House Democrats excoriated Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Thursday following a classified briefing…

23. WASHINGTON — Hours after he was sworn in as America’s 45th president, Donald J. Trump and his wife, Melania, swayed together to a rendition of the Frank Sinatra classic “My Way,” as hundreds of their wealthiest and most influential supporters held aloft smartphones to capture the Trumps’ first dance following the inauguration.

Serhiy Kivalov, a Ukrainian lawmaker known for pro-Russian initiatives, took photos of the dance, as well as of his coveted tickets and passes to the soiree where it took place, the Liberty Ball at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, posting them on Facebook and declaring that “it was an honor” to attend.

He was one of at least a dozen Ukrainian political and business figures who made their way to Washington for the inauguration, several of whom attended the Liberty Ball. Most had more on their dance cards than just parties.

They attended meetings and orchestrated encounters at Trump International Hotel with influential Republican members of Congress and close allies of President Trump. Representing a range of views, including a contingent seen as sympathetic to Moscow, they positioned themselves as brokers who could help solve one of the thorniest foreign policy problems facing the new administration — the ugly military stalemate between Russia and Ukraine and the tough sanctions imposed on Moscow following its seizure of Crimea.

#giggle
    #prollynothin

1. If being friends with foreign nationals is a crime, I’m in big trouble.

I mean really. Who would ever think an international businessman would have friends in other countries! The horror!

1. Well at least ignorant is correctable, it just takes study and effort.

Stupid on the other hand….

24. And Trump Blinked . Now it isnt a national emergency !!
    waiting for you guys to spin this !!!

#giggle
    #masternegotiator

1. Not quite what he said. Made the political decision to not open that can of worms, for now, because those around him don’t want it to be his Harry Reid nuclear option moment.

25. EA
    January 11, 2019 at 17:09
    Ive flown to vegas for work twice now in 2 years …

———-

I’ve flown 11 times in the past 3 days for work. Flown across international borders 9 times in the past 60 days (5 times to Canada, 4 times to the Bahamas and twice to Cuba) and cleared customs in each country. Deal with both TSA and CBP on a regular basis. Just sayin.

#informedopinionsonairtravel

1. Come here about once a month. Sometimes over night most of the time just in and out. The people are nice for Illinois.

1. Figured that was coming it was just a question of who would jump on it. 😉

So bite me.

1. Just pointing out my extensive experience with both TSA and CBP along with their roles in Aviation Safety. Add to them ATC, FAA and Air Marshals.

1. I don’t gettit . I know there are shitty employees , but are u saying u would rather fly without all that . Or what about air traffic controllers ? U think there wouldn’t be shitty employees if it were privatized ? Not being snarky

1. TSA doesn’t need nearly as many people as they have. All of the abuses they’ve been exposed for since Bush created DHS and TSA is mind boggling.

There are shitty employees everywhere but in the private sector there are remedies, like firing. Not so in government.

26. And now air traffic controllers are suing trump cuz they aren’t getting paychecks . Still feel safe ? They aren’t gonna work free for long.

1. YES! Had a great laugh about it just this morning over the radio with a controller in NY Center. It was a 2 minute conversation with other aircraft and 2 controllers on the frequency. They still have a good attitude and are extremely professional. The opposite of the TSA.

I feel for them and hope it doesn’t last but still don’t want to see Trump cave. It’s too important for a cave.

BTW, you understand they don’t have the option of suing Congress, RIGHT? They are executive branch employees and as such don’t have standing to sue Congress. It doesn’t say anything about where they stand.

1. I read something about illegally seizing their money . I have no idea . I just didn’t think they woukd he expendable … ok

1. Well, one should consider that not everyone is in it for the money.

It also isn’t just Trump. Dems could end it but we’ll see who is bigger and who the political hacks are soon enough.

Prediction: Trump let’s the Dems keep throwing their tantrump and ends it himself. The Dems cheer as if they won even though Trump ends the standoff and the public sees he’s the bigger man.

27. I saw Murkowski and others say not to declare national emergency because then a lefty will use it too later .
    Does anyone think the left as it has emerged now , would hesitate to ignore the constitution ? Use any tactic , do a kavanaugh on any citizen? That is so naive

1. But it’s a national security crisis akin to WW2 , or the Hoover dam ( giggle ) ! Who cares what she says or the dems for that matter ! Trump must protect us now with his wall that will take years to build !! Just ask Sussanne !!

1. Of course, I have never seen a “National Crisis” be resolved with a 1 year design phase, an equal bidding phase, and a decade of Construction.
        —–
        My responses all spoke about the amount of TIME to finish national projects of a humanitarian or national security crisis.

silly

28. And now it comes out that the FBI opened an investigation into trump connections to Russia in 2016 ! Yeah , it’s all a witch-hunt .

#giggle
    #prollynothin

1. ..Agents and senior F.B.I. officials had grown suspicious of Mr. Trump’s ties to Russia during the 2016 campaign but held off on opening an investigation into him, the people said, in part because they were uncertain how to proceed with an inquiry of such sensitivity and magnitude. But the president’s activities before and after Mr. Comey’s firing in May 2017, particularly two instances in which Mr. Trump tied the Comey dismissal to the Russia investigation, helped prompt the counterintelligence aspect of the inquiry, the people said.

The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, took over the inquiry into Mr. Trump when he was appointed, days after F.B.I. officials opened it. That inquiry is part of Mr. Mueller’s broader examination of how Russian operatives interfered in the 2016 election and whether any Trump associates conspired with them. It is unclear whether Mr. Mueller is still pursuing the counterintelligence matter, and some former law enforcement officials outside the investigation have questioned whether agents overstepped in opening it…

I had to laugh. The first thing it reminded me of was Rosenstein, what do you want me to do, wear a wire? Overstepping? Quite probable from what we know. If true, Who ordered it, the question here. Dirty cops or Keystone cops? Or both? Or just more story telling?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/us/politics/fbi-trump-russia-inquiry.html

1. Nice little gem here:

The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, took over the inquiry into Mr. Trump when he was appointed, days after F.B.I. officials opened it. That inquiry is part of Mr. Mueller’s broader examination of how Russian operatives interfered in the 2016 election and whether any Trump associates conspired with them.

The puzzle pieces continue to come together. Trump fires Comey, someone then launches an FBI investigation ‘days after’ all driven by the Media Shrills, unknown sources and the disinformation campaign that never ends.

Rosenstein then accompanies Mueller to interview for Comey’s job at the Oval Office (Mueller, symbolic of the wire Rosenstein spoke of). Trump passes on Mueller for the job. Rosenstein appoints Mueller as Special Counsel the next day.

And what is Cardinal Comey’s reaction to all this?

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.” — FDR

10:06 AM – Jan 12, 2019

Very true, and most streets are always two-way thoroughfares. More and more things aren’t matching up. A whole lot of lying going on.

29. Jan. 11, 2019
    WASHINGTON — In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

The investigation the F.B.I. opened into Mr. Trump also had a criminal aspect, which has long been publicly known: whether his firing of Mr. Comey constituted obstruction of justice.

———-/////

A SITTING president of America . And some of u guys voted for this , and a wall .. ( giggle )

30. TRUTH, WHAT & WHERE IS IT? WHO KNOWS HOW TO SPEAK IT AND WILL?
    The ABSOLUTE TRUTH not all the made up brazen lies.
    THE TEN COMMANENTS –The GOD OF LOVE.

31. EA
    January 11, 2019 at 23:17
    I don’t gettit . I know there are shitty employees , but are u saying u would rather fly without all that.

——-

I would.

In a f***ing heartbeat.

1. Prior to 9/11 we did. Not to say we should do away with all transportation security measures, but the TSA is a hot mess.

1. Most all of my flying is pre-9/11.

Maybe 6 times since then, and I just can’t stand it. I voluntarily drive rather than fly if it’s inside 800 miles.

1. You’ll be passing within 10 miles of my house.

Careful driving. We got a rain and snow mix yesterday.

1. Yeah, we don’t fly much any more unless it’s overseas or west coast. Charleston, Memphis, NOLA, Gulf Shores all drive trips. Check in, TSA, high chance of delays, luggage issues (rarely check bags), everyone is irritable, small seats. There’s nothing positive about the experience, even if you do all you can to make it easier, including upgrades and pre-screen.

32. Fort

January 11, 2019 at 13:00

The John Galt
    January 11, 2019 at 12:00
    I think this old saying applies here.
    It doesn’t take much to entertain an idiot.

———————-

And it would appear one of them leaves pouting when he can’t remember how to spell his own email address.

Reply

Cicero
    January 11, 2019 at 14:12

Trump hate trumps all.

The fact I still reside in your head, when I am not here….and the fact my very opinion causes you so much displeasure is very satisfying to me. Clownie and Fort, my own personal memory keepers. Thank you.

Actually, no need to read what you all say daily. It is basically parroting what I see on Fox and in Conservative Op Ed pages. Post upon post of Trump adoration/rationalization, with periods of EA poking the bejesus out of you. It is like a digital episode of a Conservative Talk Show, where you all sit around and agree with each other, and lament the other side……….because Mr Trump and the conservatives are always in the right. Yawn.

I will tune in periodically to ensure I still occupy a good portion of your thoughts Fort.

Hope you all are having a good year, I am. Ciao

1. Says the grown man who throws a tantrum over a stupid avatar.

Excuse us if we point and laugh at the manchild you are.

2. Hey Gordon, it’s really simple, repeat after me.

Dang it, it was my typo, not John? I guess I deserved the criticism. My bad.

Just try it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *